Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    chjfth

The caret in EmEditor editing area looks quite small(to thin, seem only one pixel wide), especially on a large computer screen.

So, is there a way to make the caret wider? Or even better, make the color of the caret customizable.

I’m using EmEditor 8.01 .

Thanks in advance.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

chjfth wrote:
    The caret in EmEditor editing area looks quite small(to thin, seem only one pixel wide), especially on a large computer screen.

So, is there a way to make the caret wider? Or even better, make the color of the caret customizable.

I’m using EmEditor 8.01 .

Thanks in advance.

You can’t change the color, but you can make it thin. Please see our FAQ at http://www.emeditor.com/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=5#q52 Thanks!

chjfth

Well, thank you for your answser. But changing caret width from Windows Control Panel has global effect, which is probably not desirable for a Windows user. So I hope I can customize caret width according to different file type(called Configuration in EmEditor).

As I know, Windows provide CreateCaret API which allows application to set the caret width(the nWidth param). Can EmEditor consider letting its user customize it?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

chjfth wrote:
    Well, thank you for your answser. But changing caret width from Windows Control Panel has global effect, which is probably not desirable for a Windows user. So I hope I can customize caret width according to different file type(called Configuration in EmEditor).

As I know, Windows provide CreateCaret API which allows application to set the caret width(the nWidth param). Can EmEditor consider letting its user customize it?

I could, but Windows XP/Vista design guide tells that we should use the control panel settings. In order to get Designed for Windows XP logo, I needed to use the control panel settings.

chjfth

Oh yes, you should use control panel setting as default, but change it according to user request. Is this still forbidden for “Designed for Windows XP logo”.

urlwolf

+1 please fix this.
    it’s unconfortably small. And changing it system -wide is not a good solution.
    I’d like a block (red color) in emeditor, and normal cursor everywhere else in the OS.
    Thanks

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

urlwolf wrote:
    +1 please fix this.
    it’s unconfortably small. And changing it system -wide is not a good solution.
    I’d like a block (red color) in emeditor, and normal cursor everywhere else in the OS.
    Thanks

v9 alpha 20 will allow you to customize caret size and color. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.