Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nickb

How can we insert the content of standard.jsee in action.jsee at a desired position? :-?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

nickb wrote:
    How can we insert the content of standard.jsee in action.jsee at a desired position? :-?

You can use #include directive, but it must be specified at the first lines of the script above the main code.

nickb

Thanks. I have tried ‘#include “standard.jsee”‘ and this includes the content of standard.jsee in the file that I’m changing with action.jsee

I added the include at the position where I need the content from action.jsee, so not in at the start of the file. This would run that file before the other lines.

I thought it could work as a php include. As this would be very usefull.

gr.

dreftymac
    Participant

You can still do what you want if you make sure that standard.jsee encloses its code in a javascript function or a javascript class definition.

For example:

function say_hello(name){
    return “hello world from ” + name + ” ! ” ;
    }
    // filename = say_hello.jsee

#include “say_hello.jsee”

var name = ’emeditor’;
    alert(say_hello(name));

name = ’emacs??’;
    alert(say_hello(name));

name = ‘vim??’;
    alert(say_hello(name));

The #include feature of EmEditor is powerful enough to allow you to ‘insert’ code wherever you want as long as the code you are ‘inserting’ is correctly enclosed in a function or class, then you use the function or class to invoke the code you want to run at the exact place where you want to run it.

nickb

Thank you dreftymac for explaining and the example :-) gr.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.