Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rayd
    Participant

In 10.0.4 I seem to have lost the ability to search a selection. If I select a block of text and open the search window, ‘In the selection only’ is greyed out and I can’t select it.

Ray D

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello rayd,

The selection search is not supported in EmEditor in any versions. You can only replace within a selection.

Thank you!

rayd
    Participant

Sorry, I did mean Replace.

I have a block of text selected, click on the Replace icon so the Replace window opens – ‘In the selection only’ is greyed out and I can’t select it.

It’s a facility which I use a lot and it has gone missing in the latest version.

I’ve put a screen shot at http://www.magray.co.uk/test/search.JPG

Ray D

Cirillo
    Participant

In my case the problem has a somewhat different angle.
    When I check ‘In the selection only’, ‘Find Next’ and ‘Replace’ buttons turn inactive.

Ivan
    Participant

I don’t know if it is a new functionality in 10.0.4 but when you uncheck the ‘Search All Open Documents’ checkbox, it will enable the ‘In the Selection Only’ checkbox again.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

As you might already notice, “Search All Open Documents” cannot be used with “In the Selection Only” together.

Likewise, “Find Next” or “Replace” buttons are disabled when “In the Selection Only” is checked.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
    Thank you,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.