Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    spiros
    Participant

For example try to change this to lowercase
    İnterfaz

The first letter remains as is.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

This is because there is no such a letter as “LATIN SMALL LETTER I WITH DOT ABOVE” while İ (U+0130) is “LATIN CAPITAL LETTER I WITH DOT ABOVE”. So linguistic casing will convert this letter to i (U+0069) LATIN SMALL LETTER I, but converting this small letter i to uppercase won’t go back to İ (U+0130).

I will support linguistic casing in future versions probably as an option.

Reference:
    http://archives.miloush.net/michkap/archive/2004/12/11/279942.html

spiros
    Participant

Well, it is pretty much a standard Turkish letter :)

The Turkish alphabet (Turkish: Türk alfabesi) is a Latin-script alphabet used for writing the Turkish language, consisting of 29 letters, seven of which (Ç, Ğ, I, İ, Ö, Ş and Ü) have been modified from their Latin originals
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_alphabet

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Yes, I’ve looked into the issue in more details after I wrote my previous message. I’ve just released v21.3.906, where I added the Uppercase (Locale-dependent), Lowercase (Locale-dependent), and Capitalize (Locale-dependent) commands. Please make sure “Turkish” is selected in the Sort page of the Customize dialog box, and use one of these locale-dependent casing commands. They will convert İ <=> i, and I <=> ı correctly. Please try this new latest beta version, and let me know if there are any other issues with Turkish alphabet. Thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor v21.4 beta 9 (21.3.909) removes the Uppercase/Lowercase/Capitalize (Locale-dependent) commands, but added the Locale-dependent Uppercase/Lowercase option to the Edit page of the Customize dialog box.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.