Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gan
    Participant

Emeditor can show that a line has been changed by showing the line number in the left margin as bold. I think it would a nice feature with a color indicator in the left margin to show changed/unchanged lines like in Visual Studio 2010. It’s much easier to see compared to the bold line number.

An example of the color indicator can be shown in the third image using the link below:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonz/archive/2009/02/20/a-new-look-for-visual-studio-2010.aspx

Visual Studio 2010 is just one example and i have seen the same kind of color indicator in other editors as well.

-gan

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello gan,

I use Visual Studio, so I understand what you mean. I might consider that feature in future versions.

Thanks for your inputs!

Antnee

I would vote for this for sure.

I have been using Netbeans for a couple of months at work and one of the only things that I do like about it is the way that it highlights changes based on Subversion data. When I’m working on a file I can see which lines do not match the most recent update in my directory. Not asking for something that advanced (though it would be nice) but something that shows which lines have been changed since the file was opened would be VERY gratefully received. I’m currently using v9 but this is one of those things that I think need implementing and would definitely upgrade to v10 if it was only available in that :D

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello Antnee,

Thank you for using EmEditor Professional. We are releasing v10 very soon, so unfortunately we don’t have enough time to implement this feature, but we might consider that in future versions.

Thanks again for your inputs!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.