Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nazgulled
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m running the latest version of EmEditor available in Windows XP with SP2 and cleartype enabled and I seem to have a little problem with text rendering if the text is colored.

In all my documents I use Courier New at 10pt and some text letters, when colored, seem to be badly rendered. Check the following image to better see what I mean:

The else word in dark blue is bolded and it’s a bit different from the one not colored, but you can easily compare the first ‘e’ with the last ‘e’ in the dark blue ‘else’ and see that the last ‘e’ is “trimmed”.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I know there is the issue with “trimmed”, but I am not sure about the colors. It is probably something to do with how Windows clear-type text rendered. Did you try comparing with Notepad or other word processors?

Nazgulled
    Participant

Yes, I tried the same code on EditPlus 2 (the editor I used before EmEditor, still trying to move from EditPlus to EmEditor), with the same font and size, same colors and with antialiasing turned on, everything works fine.

I know there is the issue with “trimmed”, but I am not sure about the colors.

I did a bit more of testing and what I found out was this:
    – This problem also happens to black text, however, it will only happen if the document has any text colored, no matter how much or where, I believe this will happen if we are using any colors to syntax highlight the text.
    – If you start writing the same words that are trimmed before the text starts to become highlighted (in the first line) and you write something that you know it gets trimmed but you write it in a way it won’t get highlighted by any color, than, the text does not get trimmed.
    – This happens to the last letter of some word if it’s not the final letter in the line. Let’s say you type “Show”, the ‘w’ will get trimmed if you press space for instance (if you write something afterwards it doesn’t matter), but if you press return instead of the space to change to a new line, the ‘w’ won’t get trimmed.

That’s all I could find out, hope you can have it fixed for the next version.

Nazgulled
    Participant

Any chance of this being fixed in the future?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Of course, there is a chance! I am working on it!

Nazgulled
    Participant

glad to hear that :)

Nazgulled
    Participant

Any news on this? Do you have any release date for the next version? Or still far away?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Please don’t ask me when. I will work on that probably on next major version. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.