Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ToadLoadin

I like EmEditor, it’s a really good text editor, especially in processing Unicode & Multibye characters, but I think the default color themes it provides still can be enhanced.
    I like low-contrast and dark background color themes such as the Minimal theme in textmate and the Zenburn theme in vim (see also here), so I put them together and made one for EmEditor, the “MinimalZen”.
    Before EmEditor Pro v7.02 RC1, importing color theme will result in loss of font styles, so I did not release it, but now that bug has been fixed, I put it here: http://www.box.net/shared/dnj42nqyow
    Hope someone will like it, and thanks for the great work of EmEditor’s developer Yutaka, Zenburn’s author Jani Nurminen, and Minimal’s author Minimal Design.
    Screenshots:

zhouzh2
    Participant

Fabulous! Really good theme! Although I prefer “Blackboard” than “Minimal” :-)

Obkot

Great theme! Does anybody know name of the font used in this example?

zhouzh2
    Participant

Check out “DejaVu” :-)

ToadLoadin

Obkot wrote:
    Great theme! Does anybody know name of the font used in this example?

It’s Bitstream Vera Sans Mono :-)

Obkot

ToadLoadin, zhouzh2
    Thank you!

ToadLoadin

I updated this theme, to fit the recently released EmEditor version 9, if someone encountered the same problem of jadde29, you can download the new theme from http://www.box.net/shared/yffuyr1j6n.

If there are any other problems, please tell me. :-)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello ToadLoadin,

Your MinimalZen theme is quite popular. Unfortunately, the following colors are missing from v12 or v13:

CompareChange=
    CompareChar=
    CompareAdded=
    CompareDeleted=
    CompareBlank=
    Spell=
    Unicode=
    VerticalSel=
    HexSel=
    IndentGuides=
    HorzGrid=
    Outline=
    LineNumberLines=
    RulerLines=
    VerticalSeparator=
    HtmlCharRef=
    Ucn=
    AutoMarker=
    Marker1=
    Marker2=
    Marker3=
    Marker4=
    Marker5=
    Marker6=
    Marker7=
    Marker8=
    Marker9=
    Marker10=
    MatchingTag=

Would you please add these colors?

Also, is it possible for me to add the MinimalZen theme to EmEditor as one of the installed themes?

Thank you!

spiros
    Participant

The menus/button areas still have the light colour. Is it possible to change those to a darker one too?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Please select “Dark” from the App Theme drop-down list box in the View page of the Customize dialog box.

spiros
    Participant

Thanks, I did, but the only think it changed is the colour of the Find/Filter text areas. The menus and toolbars on top remained light colored.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Yes, I realize this an issue.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.