Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #7535

    wOxxOm
    Member

    using alt-mouse dragging to select a vertical block (column selection mode) is broken since v8 — font Tahoma, english text — the block is selected to the right of clicking point. And if you click at a long line’s tail (200th character) the offset would be … 50 characters.

    v7 was ok.

    #7536

    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

    wOxxOm wrote:
    using alt-mouse dragging to select a vertical block (column selection mode) is broken since v8 — font Tahoma, english text — the block is selected to the right of clicking point. And if you click at a long line’s tail (200th character) the offset would be … 50 characters.

    v7 was ok.

    I don’t see any problems. Can you try another font, fixed-width font such as Courier New? Exactly what version of v8 do you use? Please send me a screenshot that explain your issue. Thanks!

    #7538

    wOxxOm
    Member

    yeah, monospaced font is ok, yet variable-width fonts column-selection is broken (v8+). All the settings are the same for v7,v8,v9 (in registry)

    #7540

    wOxxOm
    Member

    I should have said that this happens with Alt-mouse click’n’drag, while CtrlShift-F8 is ok (however the faint marquee rectangle is shown at wrong position with variable-width font anyway).

    #7555

    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

    wOxxOm wrote:
    I should have said that this happens with Alt-mouse click’n’drag, while CtrlShift-F8 is ok (however the faint marquee rectangle is shown at wrong position with variable-width font anyway).

    I cannot reproduce this issue. Maybe please send me (tech@emurasoft.com) your sample file, detail information such as font name, type, and detail procedure to reproduce this issue. Thanks!

    #7586

    wOxxOm
    Member

    sorry for not following the thread for so long, notifications aren’t delivered to my email.

    1. any english text (readme.txt e.g.)
    2. font: Tahoma, encoding: any (UTF8 e.g.)
    3. Alt-click somewhere in the middle of a long line and drag the mouse somewhere to bottom-right

    here’s my Text config HKCU->EmSoft reg file: http://rapidshare.com/files/272294650/Em_Text_Config.zip.html

    #7587

    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

    wOxxOm wrote:
    sorry for not following the thread for so long, notifications aren’t delivered to my email.

    1. any english text (readme.txt e.g.)
    2. font: Tahoma, encoding: any (UTF8 e.g.)
    3. Alt-click somewhere in the middle of a long line and drag the mouse somewhere to bottom-right

    here’s my Text config HKCU->EmSoft reg file: http://rapidshare.com/files/272294650/Em_Text_Config.zip.html

    Thanks for information. I reproduced your issue, and will look into this issue. This happens because we changed the block selection behavior.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share with friends... Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someone