Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wOxxOm

using alt-mouse dragging to select a vertical block (column selection mode) is broken since v8 — font Tahoma, english text — the block is selected to the right of clicking point. And if you click at a long line’s tail (200th character) the offset would be … 50 characters.

v7 was ok.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

wOxxOm wrote:
    using alt-mouse dragging to select a vertical block (column selection mode) is broken since v8 — font Tahoma, english text — the block is selected to the right of clicking point. And if you click at a long line’s tail (200th character) the offset would be … 50 characters.

v7 was ok.

I don’t see any problems. Can you try another font, fixed-width font such as Courier New? Exactly what version of v8 do you use? Please send me a screenshot that explain your issue. Thanks!

wOxxOm

yeah, monospaced font is ok, yet variable-width fonts column-selection is broken (v8+). All the settings are the same for v7,v8,v9 (in registry)

wOxxOm

I should have said that this happens with Alt-mouse click’n’drag, while CtrlShift-F8 is ok (however the faint marquee rectangle is shown at wrong position with variable-width font anyway).

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

wOxxOm wrote:
    I should have said that this happens with Alt-mouse click’n’drag, while CtrlShift-F8 is ok (however the faint marquee rectangle is shown at wrong position with variable-width font anyway).

I cannot reproduce this issue. Maybe please send me ([email protected]) your sample file, detail information such as font name, type, and detail procedure to reproduce this issue. Thanks!

wOxxOm

sorry for not following the thread for so long, notifications aren’t delivered to my email.

1. any english text (readme.txt e.g.)
    2. font: Tahoma, encoding: any (UTF8 e.g.)
    3. Alt-click somewhere in the middle of a long line and drag the mouse somewhere to bottom-right

here’s my Text config HKCU->EmSoft reg file: http://rapidshare.com/files/272294650/Em_Text_Config.zip.html

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

wOxxOm wrote:
    sorry for not following the thread for so long, notifications aren’t delivered to my email.

1. any english text (readme.txt e.g.)
    2. font: Tahoma, encoding: any (UTF8 e.g.)
    3. Alt-click somewhere in the middle of a long line and drag the mouse somewhere to bottom-right

here’s my Text config HKCU->EmSoft reg file: http://rapidshare.com/files/272294650/Em_Text_Config.zip.html

Thanks for information. I reproduced your issue, and will look into this issue. This happens because we changed the block selection behavior.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.