Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LifeTimer
    Participant

Is it possible to create a command-line for EmEditor that will open a new document in EmEditor and save it to a given path, without any dialogs popping up to the user (e.g. the “The specified file does not exist. Open as a new file?” dialog)?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can clear the Prompt when Opening a New File check box in the File page of the Customize dialog box.

LifeTimer
    Participant

Thanks, that worked!

A related question though:
    In an instance of EmEditor on my old computer (latest version of EmEditor also though) I get the dialog “The specified file does not exist. Open as a new file?” if I specify a non-existing file path on the command line to EmEditor, but in my reinstalled instance of EmEditor on my new computer, I instead only get the message “The system cannot find the file specified.” (and then EmEditor doesn’t even start the editor at all), without any option to create this new file at all!? What option did I change in the old install to get the “Open as a new file?” question in this situation?

I’m placing this question on this thread, since it will be important to anyone trying to create a new file from the command line in this manner.

LifeTimer
    Participant

Hello, any possibility of a reply to this?

If I cannot configure this setting in my future installs of EmEditor, my macros will be broken. :-(

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.