Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SteveH

Is there any way to configure EmEditor to recognise a comment that starts with a specific character in the first position on a line and then continues to a specific end character?

In my case a comment always starts with a ‘C’ in column 1 and end with the next ‘$’ character and can be on a single line or multiple lines.

If I use a ‘C’ in the Highlight (2) dialog it will also trigger on a ‘C’ that lies in the middle of a line.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

SteveH wrote:
    Is there any way to configure EmEditor to recognise a comment that starts with a specific character in the first position on a line and then continues to a specific end character?

In my case a comment always starts with a ‘C’ in column 1 and end with the next ‘$’ character and can be on a single line or multiple lines.

If I use a ‘C’ in the Highlight (2) dialog it will also trigger on a ‘C’ that lies in the middle of a line.

You can use a regular expression “^C” and check “Regular Expression” for the item you want to highlight. However, you cannot highlight multiple line comment in this way.

SteveH

I understand there’s no way to highlight muli-line comments of this type at the moment. Any plans to extend the regex matching to cope with this type of format?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.