Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AussieDan
    Participant

I frequently work with shell scripts that do not have an extension, so I need to select the correct configuration every time I open the file.

It would be great if the Association settings allowed the user to specify a regular expression to be applied against the content of the file.

For example, to match php shell scripts:

^#![/a-z]+php

This would be a fallback, and only applied if the file could not be matched by the current extension system.

What do you think?

Dan

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

AussieDan wrote:
    I frequently work with shell scripts that do not have an extension, so I need to select the correct configuration every time I open the file.

It would be great if the Association settings allowed the user to specify a regular expression to be applied against the content of the file.

For example, to match php shell scripts:

^#![/a-z]+php

This would be a fallback, and only applied if the file could not be matched by the current extension system.

What do you think?

Dan

That is a great idea, but it might be too late for the version 7 release. I will add that feature request to the wish list next time we begin another poll. Thanks!

Aye_Wong

I think choosing config independently from file extention should be done by event-driven macro rather than hard-coded. It should be possible with version 7 feature.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.