Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    shx
    Participant

Thanks for a great product.

I am confused about Ctags and symbol lists. Is this something that works only in “c”

Is there a way of defining them for the language I am using?

Thanks

Steven

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

shx wrote:
    Thanks for a great product.

I am confused about Ctags and symbol lists. Is this something that works only in “c”

Is there a way of defining them for the language I am using?

Thanks

Steven

Not only “C”. Please see Ctags website http://ctags.sourceforge.net/ for information about the supported file list and available options.
    On version 8.0x, EmEditor Projects plug-in uses the following command line to pass to ctags.exe.

useroption -n –fields=fKs -f tagfile -L filelist

useroption can be defined by a user in the Projects plug-in (Properties for Current Solution Template > Symbols > Additional Parameters to Ctags). Both tagfile and filelist are temporary files the plug-in creates.

shx
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:
    useroption can be defined by a user in the Projects plug-in (Properties for Current Solution Template > Symbols > Additional Parameters to Ctags). Both tagfile and filelist are temporary files the plug-in creates.

Can you give an example of what would be in “Properties for Current Solution Template > Symbols > Additional Parameters to Ctags” to make ctags of everything surrounded by brackets, [….]

Steven

shx
    Participant

Any sample of what should be in “useroption ” would be appreciated.

shx
    Participant

Where i am now up to,
    I created a ctags.cnf file as show below

–langdef=neo –langmap=neo:.pub –regex-neo=/^.*([.*]).*/1/f, function/

and when i run ctags.exe it generates this, which looks fine,

!_TAG_FILE_FORMAT 2 /extended format; –format=1 will not append ;” to lines/ !_TAG_FILE_SORTED 1 /0=unsorted, 1=sorted, 2=foldcase/ !_TAG_PROGRAM_AUTHOR Darren Hiebert /[email protected]/ !_TAG_PROGRAM_NAME Exuberant Ctags // !_TAG_PROGRAM_URL http://ctags.sourceforge.net /official site/ !_TAG_PROGRAM_VERSION 5.7 // [#34] NeoStartup.pub /^ SetVar “[`]” “[#34]”$/;” f [#34] NeoSubroutine.pub /^.SetVar “[EmlToImport]” “[#34]c:x[HeaderSelected].eml[#34]”$/;” f [#34] NeoSubroutine.pub /^nz_ScriptControl_AddCode “oMsg.ImportFile([#34][emlToImport][#34] )”$/;” f [AttachmentID] NeoSubroutine.pub /^ nz_ScriptControl_Result “oMsg.GetContentID([V])” “[AttachmentID]”$/;” f [AttachmentType] NeoSubroutine.pub /^ If “[AttachmentType]” “=” “Video/Avi”$/;” f [AttachmentType] NeoSubroutine.pub /^ nz_ScriptControl_Result “oMsg.GetContentType([V])” “[AttachmentType]”$/;” f [AttachmentType] NeoSubroutine.pub /^. If “[AttachmentType]” “=” “Image/jpeg”$/;” f

And when I go into the projects plug-in it says it is generating symbols,

However no symbols appear.

I would appreciate some help with this.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

shx wrote:
    Any sample of what should be in “useroption ” would be appreciated.

“useroptions” can be any combination of options listed in http://ctags.sourceforge.net/ctags.html
    I am sorry I don’t currently suppoort new languages, but if many users prefer, I will look into this issue in future versions. Thanks!

shx
    Participant

I have gotten the command line runnig of ctags.exe working based on what emeditor is sending. However, the useroption has to be at end of the line.

This worked.

“C:Program FilesEmEditorPlugInsctags.exe” -n –fields=fKs -f c:xtags.txt -L C:xfilelist.txt –langdef=neo –langmap=neo:.pub –regex-neo=/^.*([.*]).*/1/f, function/

This didn’t.

“C:Program FilesEmEditorPlugInsctags.exe” –langdef=neo –langmap=neo:.pub –regex-neo=/^.*([.*]).*/1/f, function/ -n –fields=fKs -f c:xtags.txt -L C:xfilelist.txt

The only difference is that I put the useroptions at the end of the line.
    —–
    Update
    O.K. I solved the problem. I needed to surround the regex expression with quotes. Now it works :-D :-D :-D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.