Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gan
    Participant

I have the background color of the current line set so i can easily see what is the current line when working with a text file, but as soon as i select some text the background color of the current line is no longer shown. I also tried to enable “Horizontal line”, but seem to have the same behavior so when i select some text it’s not shown anymore.

Is there any way to change emeditor so the background color of the current and the horizontal line is always shown even if i select some text? I think this would be useful when i have some text selected on the far right side on a high resolution monitor. Then it’s hard to see what is the current line (i have the line numbers shown in the left margin). I know the line number is shown in the status bar as well, but it’s not the same. Also a lot of the textfiles i work with might have a lot of almost identical lines that is several hundred of characters wide, i select some text on the far right and want to check if it’s the correct line before i delete the text by looking at the value on the far left on the same line. Without this indicator it’s hard to easily and fast match those values.

-gan

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello gan,

First of all, thank you for using EmEditor Professional!

Currently, this is the specification. However, I understand your point, and I might consider changing this specification.

Thanks for your inputs!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.