Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jjasmith4
    Participant

I work on a large web-based system with hundreds of files, some of them large. There are many issues assigned to me, so I create a workspace per issue so I open only files relevant to that issue, and I see in each one’s window the code I need to work on.

However some files, especially big ones, are relevant to more than one issue; for example, of the file ABC.html the top might be relevant to issue X, but the bottom relevant to Y. If I work on Y, I work at the bottom, but if I switch to X, I’d like to work at the top. The problem is that when I work on Y, the editor has saved the cursor positions and bookmarks, not the workspace. So when I start to work on X, I switch to ABC.html and see what’s relevant to Y, not X.

So I think bookmarks and cursor positions should be stored at the workspace level.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

The bookmarks and cursor positions can be saved both in workspaces and in recent file list. If you clear the “Add Additional Information to the Undo/Redo History” check box, then bookmarks and cursor positions can be saved only in workspaces.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.