Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yang Yang
    Participant

It’s very convenient that EmEditor supports multiple file-type configurations. It’ll be even better if the configuration order can be customized.

I use Python quite often. Whenever I create a new (unsaved) file and switch to the Python configuration, I have to press F11 and a series of P’s. Although I don’t use Pascal, Perl, etc. much, I want to keep their configurations. So if Python can appear as my first P-language, many keypresses will be saved.

It’s the same case for the “New File” list.

Thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

wdscxsj wrote:
    It’s very convenient that EmEditor supports multiple file-type configurations. It’ll be even better if the configuration order can be customized.

I use Python quite often. Whenever I create a new (unsaved) file and switch to the Python configuration, I have to press F11 and a series of P’s. Although I don’t use Pascal, Perl, etc. much, I want to keep their configurations. So if Python can appear as my first P-language, many keypresses will be saved.

It’s the same case for the “New File” list.

Thank you.

Thanks for your comments! You cannot change the order — it is an alphabetical order. However, you can rename the configuration name. For instance, you can rename “Pascal” to “_Pascal” so it will become the last item of the list. I hope this technique will help.

Yang Yang
    Participant

Thank you for the suggestion! Actually I tried the renaming trick before — the same as you suggested — but the list looked ugly. I wonder why it has to be in an alphabetical order. Quick match? There aren’t many items.

dreftymac
    Participant

Greetings wdscxsj,

In case you had not already considered it, or in case anyone else reading this would like to know, another alternative would be to write a macro that you assign to a shortcut key, and the macro could contain only those configurations that you use on a regular basis.

If you use the CreatePopupMenu Method, you can pretty easily create a list that contains only those configurations that you use regularly, and just have that menu create the new document. The nice thing about this is that you can edit the macro any time you like if you want to change the contents or the ordering of the list.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.