Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cptraddict

Is there a way to specify what file type is used when EmEditor is opened? For example, when I open EmEditor currently the “text” configuration is loaded. I would like to have the another syntax like “HTML” for example loaded. Is there any way for this to be done?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

cptraddict wrote:
    Is there a way to specify what file type is used when EmEditor is opened? For example, when I open EmEditor currently the “text” configuration is loaded. I would like to have the another syntax like “HTML” for example loaded. Is there any way for this to be done?

You can specify /c option in command line. For instance, if you want to launch EmEditor with HTML configuration, you would specify:

emeditor.exe /c HTML

I hope this helps.

cptraddict

Yutaka wrote:
    You can specify /c option in command line. For instance, if you want to launch EmEditor with HTML configuration, you would specify:

emeditor.exe /c HTML

Thank you for the information. That does help, but is there any way to specify which configuration the “New” button uses?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

cptraddict wrote:

Yutaka wrote:

emeditor.exe /c HTML

Thank you for the information. That does help, but is there any way to specify which configuration the “New” button uses?

No, unfortunatley, the New button always begins with “Text” configuration. This is the specificaiton. I might add a new option in the future version. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.