Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    danderson

I just installed EmEditor on a Windows 7 beta (64 bit) machine. I noticed that the the drop target line that appears when dragging text stops moving shortly after I start to drag a selection of text. I would guess this issue is probably specific to Windows 7, but I thought I would post the issue in case it affects 64 bit Vista as well or if it can easily be fixed :)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

danderson wrote:
    I just installed EmEditor on a Windows 7 beta (64 bit) machine. I noticed that the the drop target line that appears when dragging text stops moving shortly after I start to drag a selection of text. I would guess this issue is probably specific to Windows 7, but I thought I would post the issue in case it affects 64 bit Vista as well or if it can easily be fixed :)

I couldn’t reproduce your issue even though I am using the 32-bit Windows 7 beta in a Virtual PC. The gray vertical rectangular caret still appears and moves when I am trying to drag and drop text.

danderson

Thanks Yutaka. I updated my display driver and it appears to have resolved the issue.

danderson

Strangely enough it’s happening again. I have no idea why it seems to happen sometimes and not others.

danderson

Turns out it was the display adapter driver. Went back to an old version and all is well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.