Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chjfth

We know EmEditor’s Find in Files functionality is great. So can we make it more convenient by:

Add a context menu to Windows Explorer, e.g. “Find in Files by EmEditor”. Once executed, EmEditor will pop out, present the Find in Files dialog, and auto-populate “In Folder” edit box with the very folder name from Explorer. Such a efficiency booster.

Is there way to achieve this goal? Thank you.

EmEditor v11.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

Find in Files with EmEditor feature is already implemented. Please see the right click menu when you right click on a folder in Windows Explorer. Thanks!

chjfth

Well, I did not notice EmEditor’s Find in Files Explorer context menu until you told me in this post, because I used to install 32-bit EmEditor on a Windows 7 x64 machine, in order for some 32-bit plug-ins to work.

You know, current(v11.0.2) 32-bit installer will not install context menu on 64-bit Explorer.

So, I highly suggest your 32-bit installer can add context menu to a 64-bit Explorer. In case that is not easy to do, I hope you present a way to manually add that context menu.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.