Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CrashNBurn

I find lately I unfortunately need to work with HTML files, embedded Javascript, PHP, and

Out of the box EmEditor does not seem to be able to handle this task well.

For example, CSS-like strings in

get highlighted as a String: so you can’t distinguish the css keywords. Yet if you disable double-quote highlighting it makes the strings in PHP and Javascript difficult to look at.

As well, as far as I can tell there doesn’t seem to be any matching like there is for languages that use { braces }

An Editor I recently used, CodeLobster PHP had matching when you were inside a tag block – the matching tags were highlighted and you could collapse code on those tags — albeit it is buggy and has crashed more than a few times. As well as proper highlighting of PHP/Javascript/and CSS when placed in-line in a HTML file.

Are there any plugins/add-ons that would make editing HTML easier in EmEditor? I’ve seen the HTML-tag-completer — which is fine if you are writing code from scratch and not useful at all when you are trying to edit pre-existing files. Or if you need to try and format the file so that it’s actually human-readable (ie proper tag spacing/indenting).

I also really miss key-word completion when it comes to html/css; having to constantly reference the correct terminology really slows down the work-flow.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello CrashNBurn,

You might want to try Zen-coding plug-in/macros.
    http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/rewrite/tc_37.html

In Zen-coding, the Balance Tag action selects text between and .

Key-word completion can be accomplished using the WordComplete plug-in, which is installed by default.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.