Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #8712

    spudly
    Member

    I’ve just upgrade to version 10 and seem to be having a problem with the default encoding when I open a text file.

    I uninstalled version 9 and removed all settings before installing version 10 (32 bit).

    The normal encoding used with previous versions has been Western European(Windows).

    If I open a new document the default encoding is Western European(Windows). However if I open up an existing document a ‘Detect All Result’ dialog box opens suggesting US-ASCII encoding. I then have to navigate to the correct encoding. The behaviour is identical regardless of the options checked on the ‘Detect All Result’ dialog box. Why does it not detect the correct encoding ?

    The ‘Opening Encoding’ is set to Western European(Windows) as is the ‘Save Details’ encoding.

    Have tested this on Windows XP Profesional and Vista Business with the same results.

    As you can imagine it now takes several actions to open one file so if I cannot fix this problem easily, I will have to revert to version 9.

    Have not tested all the improvements yet but definately a step forward.

    Keep up the good work.

    #8713

    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

    Hello spudly,

    As long as you use any one of Western European versions of Windows, US-ASCII and Western European encodings are exactly the same. To disable the Detect All result dialog box, you might want to uncheck “Detect All” check box in the Open dialog box when you open a file.

    Please don’t hesitate to ask me again if you have further questions.
    Thank you,

    #8715

    spudly
    Member

    Thanks Yutaka, I was hoping it was a config option that I had set incorrectly.

    Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share with friends... Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someone