Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gan
    Participant

I always had emeditor pinned to the taskbar using Windows 7 and when i used version 8.x the overlay worked just fine so when i start emeditor the icon of the open emeditor were on top of the pinned icon on the taskbar. After i installed version 9 and have emeditor pinned to the taskbar and then open emeditor i will get a separate icon on the taskbar for the open emeditor. So using version 9 the overlay doesn’t seems to work correctly. Is there some settings that i missed which is not enabled by default in version 9?

I use Windows 7 Enterprise x64 RTM and the 64 bits version of Emeditor 9.

Edit: If i start emeditor and rightclick on icon of the opened emeditor from the taskbar and then select “pin this program to taskbar” it seems to work correctly. If i do the same by using the icon from the startmenu then there seems to be a problem with the overlay of the windows 7 taskbar. Using version 8 of emeditor both methods worked just fine, but then my problem is solved :)

gan

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

gan wrote:
    I always had emeditor pinned to the taskbar using Windows 7 and when i used version 8.x the overlay worked just fine so when i start emeditor the icon of the open emeditor were on top of the pinned icon on the taskbar. After i installed version 9 and have emeditor pinned to the taskbar and then open emeditor i will get a separate icon on the taskbar for the open emeditor. So using version 9 the overlay doesn’t seems to work correctly. Is there some settings that i missed which is not enabled by default in version 9?

I use Windows 7 Enterprise x64 RTM and the 64 bits version of Emeditor 9.

Edit: If i start emeditor and rightclick on icon of the opened emeditor from the taskbar and then select “pin this program to taskbar” it seems to work correctly. If i do the same by using the icon from the startmenu then there seems to be a problem with the overlay of the windows 7 taskbar. Using version 8 of emeditor both methods worked just fine, but then my problem is solved :)

gan

If you have pinned v8 of EmEditor before, you should unpin that icon before you run EmEditor v9. Can you please try unpin the previous version?

gan
    Participant

Yes i tried to unpin the one i already pinned and then pin again using the newly created icon from the windows startmenu, but didn’t help. So i had to open emeditor and select pin from the opened emeditor on the taskbar that worked fine.

gan

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

gan wrote:
    Yes i tried to unpin the one i already pinned and then pin again using the newly created icon from the windows startmenu, but didn’t help. So i had to open emeditor and select pin from the opened emeditor on the taskbar that worked fine.

gan

Yes, you will need to pin from the taskbar, not from the Start menu.
    Thanks!

gan
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:
    Yes, you will need to pin from the taskbar, not from the Start menu.
    Thanks!

Thank you. Since i got it working it’s no longer a problem for me, but to pin from the start menu worked fine with version 8.0x. Not sure what have changed with version 9 that changed this behavior.

rayd
    Participant

I’ve got a similar problem – but with the Notification Tray area.

Fresh install of EmEd 9 on a fresh install of Windows 7 64 bit.

Under EmEd 8 I had an EmEd icon in the Tray which offered me a menu of opening options when I clicked on it.

With EmEd 9 clicking on the Tray icon and New opens TWO EmEd windows. One in the saved position and one centre screen.

How can I remove EmED from the Tray and then put it back again or, how do I stop it opening two windows.

If I pin EmEd to the Task bar, it only opens one window but doesn’t give me the menu options of how to open.

Many thanks,

Ray D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.