Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jamil
    Participant

I have this text file that causes EmEditor 11.0.5 to become unresponsive when opening any way but binary hexadecimal. The lines are a maximum of 150 characters and they all end with a line feed character (x0A). This file contains one million lines. I have no way at all to open this file other than binary hex view. The editor totally locks up and I must force it closed.

I can open the file with no issues using Wordpad or Visual Studio.

Jamil
    Participant

I have reproduced this issue with the same file on my laptop and desktop computer. Additionally, I used Visual Studio to ‘normalize’ the text file by converting LFs to CRLFs. EmEditor continues to lock up, so it is not an issue with line feed characters.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi Jamil,

Didyou try with the latest beta version at the beta forum?
    Is it possible to send me the file (as an attachment), or upload the file to SkyDrive (or any cloud) and send me the link to the file? I will try to reproduce the issue here. Thank you!

Jamil
    Participant

I just downloaded and installed the latest beta version available (11.1.11). The same issue exists.

I uploaded the file here:

(removed)

It is 63.75MB in size.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi Jamil,

I downloaded your file, and reproduced the issue. Actually, since this is a CSV file, the mode change to the CSV mode takes too much time after EmEditor loads the file. Please go to configuration properties, “File” tab and clear the “Detect CSV” check box. I will try to improve this feature.

Thanks again!

Jamil
    Participant

Thank you for looking into this.

I was not aware that EmEditor auto detected comma delimited files.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.