Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #7147

    PigletEE
    Member

    Hi!
    EmEditor crashes when Find&Replace for column selection.
    To reproduce:
    1. Enable Virtual Space;
    2. Make a column selection “with virtual space” on some lines;
    3. Call Find&Replace dialog;
    4. Find ” ” and replace any character;
    5. Press Replace All…

    #7148

    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

    PigletEE wrote:
    Hi!
    EmEditor crashes when Find&Replace for column selection.
    To reproduce:
    1. Enable Virtual Space;
    2. Make a column selection “with virtual space” on some lines;
    3. Call Find&Replace dialog;
    4. Find ” ” and replace any character;
    5. Press Replace All…

    I couldn’t reproduce your issue. Which version of EmEditor are you using? Which OS do you use? Any other options such as regular expressions, escape sequences, Case Match, Word Only, etc.?

    #7157

    PigletEE
    Member

    I am sorry. I have
    Windows XP sp3 32bit, EmEditor 8.04. Only Use Regular Expression and In the selection Only are checked. SQL configuration with Enable Virtual Space, Show Ruler and Show Line Number are checked.

    #7158

    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

    PigletEE wrote:
    I am sorry. I have
    Windows XP sp3 32bit, EmEditor 8.04. Only Use Regular Expression and In the selection Only are checked. SQL configuration with Enable Virtual Space, Show Ruler and Show Line Number are checked.

    I reproduced this issue. I will release v8.05 RC 1 shortly, so please try it and see the bug is fixed. Thank you!

    #7168

    PigletEE
    Member

    Yes. Now It works.
    Thank you.

    #7171

    PigletEE
    Member

    Ooops. Another one.
    Find&Replace works but … The right margin of selection moves to the end of the last line in the column selection after find&replace operation.

    #7175

    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

    PigletEE wrote:
    Ooops. Another one.
    Find&Replace works but … The right margin of selection moves to the end of the last line in the column selection after find&replace operation.

    I fixed and built for you:

    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed805rc3epx.msi

    Can you please try and see it is fixed?
    Thank you!

    #7178

    PigletEE
    Member

    Ok.
    It works but the problem still here with some cases.
    If the low left corner of the selection is on the text and the low right corner on “virtual space” and Find&Replace operation MUST find and replace at least one time. You may see that the selection is changed.

    #7180

    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

    PigletEE wrote:
    Ok.
    It works but the problem still here with some cases.
    If the low left corner of the selection is on the text and the low right corner on “virtual space” and Find&Replace operation MUST find and replace at least one time. You may see that the selection is changed.

    I cannot reproduce this case. Can you email me at tech@emurasoft.com a screenshot or a sample file to explain the details? Thanks!

    #7181

    PigletEE
    Member

    check your mail.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.