Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 7.00 beta 26 is available for download. The new features include:

– Optimized for huge files! EmEditor can now open several GB and tens-of-millions-of-line files smoothly and fast!

Since this is a beta version, it might include bugs, and therefore please install only test machines.

EmEditor Professional 7.00 beta 26 (Installer):
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed700b26epx.msi

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than one using the Registry.

See http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/ for the list of new features.
    Also, See the history page of the Help after you download and install the new version.

If you tried, please post any bug reports or any other feedback on this forum. Thank you!

Note: We will NOT add new features any more until Version 7 release, and will focus on optimization and bug fixes (except when necessary to support huge files).

me75

EmEditor Professional 7.00 beta 26 makes some progress in speed.
    But Regex replace for big file is still slow.
    Comparing with UltraEdit,you will find making same Regex replace UltraEdit is very rapid.

Example:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/66852099/slowReplace.zip.html
    Regex replace”.+?“.
    It takes EmEditor several minutes.
    It takes UltraEdit less than one second,almost instantaneously.

ftwrks

Auto repeat is greatly slowed for apparently all keys except spaces.
    This is not the case for the other editors I have installed (e.g., EditPad Pro, NotePad++, and TextPad).

What might the fix be?

Many thanks,

Tom Foote

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

ftwrks wrote:
    Auto repeat is greatly slowed for apparently all keys except spaces.
    This is not the case for the other editors I have installed (e.g., EditPad Pro, NotePad++, and TextPad).

What might the fix be?

Many thanks,

Tom Foote

Is “WordComplete” plug-in turned on? If so, can you try turning off, and can you see the difference?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

me75 wrote:
    EmEditor Professional 7.00 beta 26 makes some progress in speed.
    But Regex replace for big file is still slow.
    Comparing with UltraEdit,you will find making same Regex replace UltraEdit is very rapid.

Example:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/66852099/slowReplace.zip.html
    Regex replace”.+?“.
    It takes EmEditor several minutes.
    It takes UltraEdit less than one second,almost instantaneously.

I couldn’t find your sample file. The URL is an HTML file but it doesn’t contain tag. Also, what do you want to replace that text with? You may send me a sample file to [email protected].

me75

I want to replace that text with blank.
    Have sent by hotmail.
    Tks.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I optimized on beta 27. Please let me know if that is acceptable. Thanks!

me75

Tks to Yutaka.
    Yes,beta 27 really reach a acceptable speed.
    UltraEdit’s speed(Scroll smoothly,Replace promptly) still puzzles me.How it can reach so speed?

ftwrks

Is “WordComplete” plug-in turned on? –Yes, it was.

If so, can you try turning off, and can you see the difference?–Yes, that was the problem. Auto-Repeat now behaves quickly as before.

Might there be a way to have both WordComplete on, and not terribly slow down Auto Repeat?

Many thanks!

Tom

Vlad

Yutaka wrote:

Regexp replace speed is indeed dramatically improved in Beta 27. I used the “catalog.htm” file provided in previous posts. I cannot scroll it because of ridiculously long lines, but it doesn’t matter. Replace “.+?” with nothing (match case, use regexp). It’s done in about 5 seconds! Previously it would take minutes.

HOWEVER, there is something seriously wrong with Undo. After replacements were done I hit Ctrl-Z. It took about 10 minutes. This is not right.

And there is no improvement for other patterns.
    The following replacement (to split long lines) still takes too much time (>5 minutes. It takes a few seconds in jEdit or Vim which I keep just for such jobs):
    Find: (<table|<tr)
    Replace: n1

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Vlad wrote:

Yutaka wrote:

Regexp replace speed is indeed dramatically improved in Beta 27. I used the “catalog.htm” file provided in previous posts. I cannot scroll it because of ridiculously long lines, but it doesn’t matter. Replace “.+?” with nothing (match case, use regexp). It’s done in about 5 seconds! Previously it would take minutes.

HOWEVER, there is something seriously wrong with Undo. After replacements were done I hit Ctrl-Z. It took about 10 minutes. This is not right.

And there is no improvement for other patterns.
    The following replacement (to split long lines) still takes too much time (>5 minutes. It takes a few seconds in jEdit or Vim which I keep just for such jobs):
    Find: (<table|<tr)
    Replace: n1

I optimized this Undo case and this regular expression case on beta 28, and I will still work on further optimization. Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.