Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 7.00 RC 4 is available for download. The new features include:

– Search Bar and HTML Bar are now back to the installer.
    – Since beta 41, even if “Tray Icon” is checked during the install, the tray icon will appear next time EmEditor is launched.
    – It is recommended that previous versions are uninstalled before the new version is installed.
    – Any previous RC verisons must be uninstalled before installing this version.

EmEditor Professional 7.00 RC 3 (Installer):
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed700rc4epx.msi (32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed700rc4ep64.msi (64-bit)

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than one using the Registry.

See http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/ for the list of new features.
    Also, See the history page of the Help after you download and install the new version.

If you tried, please post any bug reports or any other feedback on this forum. Thank you!

Note: We will NOT add new features any more until Version 7 release, and will focus on optimization and bug fixes.

Recommended procedure:

1. Close all EmEditor windows and the EmEditor Tray Icon on the Windows Task Bar.
    2. Uninstall previous version of EmEditor from Control Panel.
    3. Download and install this new version.

See http://www.emeditor.com/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=1#q1 for more details (except for download link).

rayd
    Participant

Is there any way of saving settings of previous versions when installing new RC versions?

It was fine with beta versions which didn’t require an uninstall of the previous one but having to uninstall previous RCs means all my setting and configurations are lost.

Regards,

Ray Dawson

ssohn

Thanks for the latest RC. I cannot wait to see the final version. :)

I am not sure if it’s a bug. It’s more like a samll glitch, but here’s what I’ve found anyway.

Even with Tabs being disabled on EmEditor 7.00RC4, if I right-click the toolbar section of EmEditor and choose ‘Refresh’, suddenly tab feature temporarily reappears until EmEditor is closed and restarted.

Thanks.

konic

Well, clause 2 (Uninstall previous version) should be in Red and in a huge font.
    I mean, here is the problem I run into during installation:
    1. Had installed v. 6
    2. Decided to try v.7(RC2) and installed it in different folder.
    First problem – one cannot have both versions on the same machine (!?)
    But v.7 installed without a problem and run OK.
    3. Now I decided to “upgrade” to RC4.
    Of course, I did not noticed that I had to uninstall RC2 and later was prompted to do it.
    I could not do it because now I I’ve been asked about location of emed6004epx.msi (!)
    which I removed long ago.
    And now when I try to install that v.6 back I receive error from Windows Installer:
    “The configuration data for this product is corrupt.”

OK. My point is, it will be good to have some kind of uninstall/cleanup utill
    to cleanup registry from any EmEditor presence there.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

rayd wrote:
    Is there any way of saving settings of previous versions when installing new RC versions?

It was fine with beta versions which didn’t require an uninstall of the previous one but having to uninstall previous RCs means all my setting and configurations are lost.

Regards,

Ray Dawson

When you uninstall, you will have an option to keep all your settings during uninstall.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

ssohn wrote:
    Thanks for the latest RC. I cannot wait to see the final version. :)

I am not sure if it’s a bug. It’s more like a samll glitch, but here’s what I’ve found anyway.

Even with Tabs being disabled on EmEditor 7.00RC4, if I right-click the toolbar section of EmEditor and choose ‘Refresh’, suddenly tab feature temporarily reappears until EmEditor is closed and restarted.

Thanks.

I will fix that. Thanks!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

konic wrote:
    Well, clause 2 (Uninstall previous version) should be in Red and in a huge font.
    I mean, here is the problem I run into during installation:
    1. Had installed v. 6
    2. Decided to try v.7(RC2) and installed it in different folder.
    First problem – one cannot have both versions on the same machine (!?)
    But v.7 installed without a problem and run OK.
    3. Now I decided to “upgrade” to RC4.
    Of course, I did not noticed that I had to uninstall RC2 and later was prompted to do it.
    I could not do it because now I I’ve been asked about location of emed6004epx.msi (!)
    which I removed long ago.
    And now when I try to install that v.6 back I receive error from Windows Installer:
    “The configuration data for this product is corrupt.”

OK. My point is, it will be good to have some kind of uninstall/cleanup utill
    to cleanup registry from any EmEditor presence there.

Thanks for your comments. There is a limitation in the installer I use. I wish I could customize a lot more.

vha

http://www.jrsoftware.org/

Supports scripting, so you can do whatever you want :-D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.