Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 7.50 alpha 4 is available for download. Updates from alpha 2 include:

– Large File Controller is now displayed when very large file is opened, and you can open the file partially with the specified range.

– Replace All can be now accelerated by discarding the Undo information.

Download:
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed750a4epx.msi (32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed750a4ep64.msi (64-bit)

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than one using the Registry.

If you tried, please post any bug reports or any other feedback on this forum. Thank you!

owilsky
    Participant

I just gave alpha 4 a quick test.
    These are my remarks:

EmEditor often crashes when dragging a file from Explorer to EmEditor to open it. I did not yet found a pattern but it happenes quite often.
    Address: 45a164
    Offset: 5a164

Large File Controller always shows up, even when I open a file with 4 KB.

Any possibility to show spaces with another character (e.g. a small dot) when show marks is turned on?

Deployment of macros
    If main menu is modified and macros got keyboard shortcuts it is very difficult to deplay these settings to other users.
    I’m using ini files now but this needs write permissings to the EmEditor folder.
    What I do now is deploy the CWP, MainMenu and MainMenuSize settings from the INI.
    I hope there will be an easier way to share your macros this others in the company in the future.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

1. crashes

I don’t see any problems with dragging a file from Explore. Do you see any conditions?

Large File Controller always shows up, even when I open a file with 4 KB.

Please check what you set in the “Minimum File Size to Open Asynchronously” text box in the “Advanced” tab of the Customize dialog box. Any file larger than this file size will make the Large File Controller show up.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Any possibility to show spaces with another character (e.g. a small dot) when show marks is turned on?

Now supported on v7.5 alpha 5!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.