Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tungwaiyip

Just come across the webpage on EmEditor 7. I’m anxiously waiting for it:

http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/rewrite/tc_6.html

* EmEditor can now record and play keystrokes and mouse operation against other applications.

Seems like EmEditor is getting out of its traditional domain and getting into automation. Perhaps I should dump AutoHotKey and use EmEditor for macros and automation. AutoHotKey’s properitary scripting language is crappy anyway.

* You can now have an option to save all settings to INI files instead of the Registry.

Love it. Now I can do proper backup.

* Optimized to Open Large Files

Can’t wait. Does it work on networked drive too?

* The virtual space mode.

I have waited for this for so long.

Great work! I’m really looking forward for the upgrade!

wy

DenisCool

When we can see version 7 ? :)

TheXman
    Participant

Don’t tease us, just release it. Using pseudo-specific terms like “…will be released soon” tends too frustrate people if the release is not imminent.

Impatiently waiting for a stable v7 release,
    Xavier
    :-D

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I can probably release beta versions in a few weeks. I apologize if the term “soon” was not specific enough and confusing. I can only say that the new version will be released when it becomes stable enough. I don’t want to release versions that might contain too many bugs. I work very hard, day and night, to finalize Version 7. I committed to make it one of the greatest updates in the EmEditor history! Thank you very much for your support!

Hideki

Great to hear that. Hoping to see good improvements to an already great editor.

DenisCool

Waiting for beta versions and for release :)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I will probably release the beta 1 version tomorrow. :-)

TheXman
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:
    I will probably release the beta 1 version tomorrow. :-)

How does one obtain beta versions? Is there a formal beta testing forum in which one can post bugs?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

It will be announced in the beta forum: http://www.emeditor.com/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=12

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.