Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 8.00 beta 8 is available for download. Updates from beta 7 include:

– Bug fixes in the Projects, Snippets, and Diff plug-in.
    – Mouse Wheel in the Print Preview now can scroll up/down or zoom in/out (with CTRL).
    – Auto-panning improvement.

See http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/index.php?id=7
    for updates from Version 7.

Download:
    http://www.emeditor.com/modules/download2/ (Next Beta Version)

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than one using the Registry.

We target October 29th (in the Pacific time) as the release date of v8. Please let me know earlier rather than later if you have any bug reports or comments. Thanks!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Also, watch all of our new tutorial videos:
    http://www.emeditor.com/modules/tutorials4/

Please let us know if you have any comments. We are going to create more videos!

ToadLoadin

Nice avatar! :-D

Eugene
    Participant

Yeah, the videos are cool and very very helpful! Please create more, but if you could keep them a little bit separated from these eight ones.. On the same page but highlight this is new portion of videos. I downloaded them already. ;)

chabulier

Not sure why, but have crashed several times after using this version.

zhouzh2
    Participant

I just watched the “Grab Text” feature video. This is a real time-saver I must say! However, when I tried to use it, nothing happened when I press “crtl+alt+x”, also I can’t find this “Grab Text” command in both “tools”-“All Command” and “Keyboard map”. Is there anything that I missd?
    Using EmEditor Professional 8.00 beta 9

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

zhouzh2 wrote:
    I just watched the “Grab Text” feature video. This is a real time-saver I must say! However, when I tried to use it, nothing happened when I press “crtl+alt+x”, also I can’t find this “Grab Text” command in both “tools”-“All Command” and “Keyboard map”. Is there anything that I missd?

You must have the Tray Icon running for this feature to work. If it is already running, your system might have a conflict with another application. Right click on the Tray Icon, and select “Customize Tray Icon”, where you can change the shortcut key to Grab Text with EmEditor.

Stefan
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:

zhouzh2 wrote:
    “Grab Text” feature video.
    nothing happened when I press “crtl+alt+x”,

You must have the Tray Icon running for this feature to work.

> You must have the Tray Icon running
    Puh, good to know this.

To enable tray icon,
    go to “Tools > Customize”
    on “Shortcut”-tab
    and check “[ x] Display a tray icon”

. Right click on the Tray Icon, and select “Customize Tray Icon”, where you can change the shortcut key to Grab Text with EmEditor.

There is no such settings in tray icon.
    Only in “Tools > Customize” if you press [Customize Tray Icon]-button

But it didn’t works for me while editing this text here in the forum?.
    Neither Ctrl+Alt+x, nor Ctrl+Alt+ü (ue) or Ctrl+Alt+O
    Using EmEditor Pro 8.00 beta 9 on WinXPsp2 German layout

I will test more :-D

CU
    Stefan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.