Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 8.00 RC 2 is available for download. Updates from RC 1 include:

– Cursor position fixed after replace.

See http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/
    for updates from Version 7.

Download:
    http://www.emeditor.com/modules/download2/ (Next Beta Version)

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than one using the Registry.

We target the mid-November as the release date of v8. Please let me know earlier rather than later if you have any bug reports or comments. Thanks!

maxtail
    Participant

Everytime I open the program, the setting window always pops out with it. Both in Vista 32x and 64x (Traditional Chinese) I encounter the same problem.

emuser1

Also The Unicode (EXT-A,B,C) Problems. When I Used MS-Word 2007 Copy(Select All, Ctrl+C) The Bigger(About 1MB~3MB) Unicode Chinese TEXT, When I Paste(Ctrl+V) To Emeditor, Very Slow.
    Emeditor 5X,6X,7X,8X All Has This Problems.
    You Can Use Also The Ext-B File For Test, But You Want Make The FileSize To 1MB(Combine 2 Test Files).

Thanks.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

maxtail wrote:
    Everytime I open the program, the setting window always pops out with it. Both in Vista 32x and 64x (Traditional Chinese) I encounter the same problem.

If you use language pack, the version of language pack must match with the EmEditor version. Since language packs for version 8 are not available yet, you must use the English user interface.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

emuser1 wrote:
    Also The Unicode (EXT-A,B,C) Problems. When I Used MS-Word 2007 Copy(Select All, Ctrl+C) The Bigger(About 1MB~3MB) Unicode Chinese TEXT, When I Paste(Ctrl+V) To Emeditor, Very Slow.
    Emeditor 5X,6X,7X,8X All Has This Problems.
    You Can Use Also The Ext-B File For Test, But You Want Make The FileSize To 1MB(Combine 2 Test Files).

Thanks.

I need to make a balance between speed and memory size. I cannot make it faster any more.

SteveH

One quick plea as the 8.00 development seems to be nearing the end.

Could we have an option to set a contrasting cursor colour for those sick people who use ‘dark’ colour schemes? As far as I can see it’s not possible to set the colour of the I bar or cursor, only the width through Accessibility Options.

I would love to be wrong though.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

SteveH wrote:
    One quick plea as the 8.00 development seems to be nearing the end.

Could we have an option to set a contrasting cursor colour for those sick people who use ‘dark’ colour schemes? As far as I can see it’s not possible to set the colour of the I bar or cursor, only the width through Accessibility Options.

I would love to be wrong though.

I cannot add a new feature before v8 release. However, I might consider that in future major versions. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.