Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 9.00 alpha 13 is available for download. Updates from v9.00 alpha 12 include:

– new shellcode format:

`- "appname" arguments...
    stdin...`

The second and following lines will be STDIN to the appname.

If you would like to pass the selected text to STDIN of utility.exe, and replace the selected text with STDOUT and STDERR of the utility , you would write:

`- "C:dirutility.exe" arguments...
    ${SelText}`

Please download

http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed900a13epx.msi (English, 32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed900a13ep64.msi (English, 64-bit)

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.

The Help has not been updated. Please let me know earlier rather than later if you have any bug reports or comments. Thanks!

NedMaker
    Participant

In EmEditor 9 Function Bar it will be corrected?

For example, on last button there is no appointed function.

Likely it is necessary to add customization that the user could appoint functions necessary for it itself.

owilsky
    Participant

Hi,

I have two requests for EmEditor 9.00:

For macros we have a trigger named “Before saving”. Can we also have one “After saving”?
    Reason is that we need to call a macro that determines which configuration to load with document.ConfigName based on the filename, not on the file extension.
    And before saving there is no file name ;-)

In “HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3MacrosMacro0” there is the full path to the macro, e.g. C:Documents and SettingsOliverMy DocumentsMy Macrostest.jsee.
    This makes deployment of multiple macros to other computers very hard. If you enter a relative file name into registry (e.g. only “test.jsee”), EmEditor looks for test.jsee in “C:Program FilesEmEditor”.
    How about changing that so EmEditor looks in the configured macro folder that is stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3CommonMacroFolder ?

Thanks for listening,
    Oliver

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

NedMaker wrote:
    In EmEditor 9 Function Bar it will be corrected?

For example, on last button there is no appointed function.

Likely it is necessary to add customization that the user could appoint functions necessary for it itself.

You can customize all keyboard settings in the Help menu > Keyboard Map. However, F12 is used by the Projects plug-in by defaut, so it is not assigned. You can of course change this setting too.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

owilsky wrote:
    Hi,

I have two requests for EmEditor 9.00:

For macros we have a trigger named “Before saving”. Can we also have one “After saving”?
    Reason is that we need to call a macro that determines which configuration to load with document.ConfigName based on the filename, not on the file extension.
    And before saving there is no file name ;-)

In “HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3MacrosMacro0” there is the full path to the macro, e.g. C:Documents and SettingsOliverMy DocumentsMy Macrostest.jsee.
    This makes deployment of multiple macros to other computers very hard. If you enter a relative file name into registry (e.g. only “test.jsee”), EmEditor looks for test.jsee in “C:Program FilesEmEditor”.
    How about changing that so EmEditor looks in the configured macro folder that is stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3CommonMacroFolder ?

Thanks for listening,
    Oliver

I might consider 1.

2. You can export settings as INI files, and then you can import at a different machine. When exported as INI files, a macro path become the relative path. Does this solve your issue?

owilsky
    Participant

2. You can export settings as INI files, and then you can import at a different machine. When exported as INI files, a macro path become the relative path. Does this solve your issue?

Not really, because in the exported INI file there is still the absolute path. If I import that file on another computer with another user name, I have wrong paths (I see the wrong paths in Macros/Customize at the bottom label).

I see two possible solutions:

Use some kind of paths relative to home folder (my documents) like I suggested above

Implement some kind of variable like \%my documents\% which can be used in exported reg files and ini files. These files can then be imported on the target computer easily.

Am I the only one working for a company and developing Macros for EmEditor and having the problem to deploy these macros to my users?

Oliver

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

owilsky wrote:

Not really, because in the exported INI file there is still the absolute path. If I import that file on another computer with another user name, I have wrong paths (I see the wrong paths in Macros/Customize at the bottom label).

I see two possible solutions:

Use some kind of paths relative to home folder (my documents) like I suggested above

Implement some kind of variable like \%my documents\% which can be used in exported reg files and ini files. These files can then be imported on the target computer easily.

Am I the only one working for a company and developing Macros for EmEditor and having the problem to deploy these macros to my users?

Oliver

The next alpha version of v9 will save all macro files as relative path from “My Macros” folder. When you run the next version, please bring up “Customize Macros” dialog, and then click OK. Then you can copy the registry into another PC.
    Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.