Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 9.00 alpha 37 is available for download.

Updates from alpha 36 include:

– TSV (Tab-separated) mode support.
    – “Detect TSV (Tab-Separated)” checkbox was added to the File tab of Configuration Properties.
    – In the Import/Export wizard, when “Export all personal settings into a file” is selected, the plug-in settings are now added to the file.
    – “View Desktop Files” is now off by default to avoid crash with Trend Micro Internet Security.

Please download

http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed900a37epx.msi (English, 32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed900a37ep64.msi (English, 64-bit)

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.

Please let me know earlier rather than later if you have any bug reports or comments. Thanks!

noespam

Snippets are coming along nicely :)

When I use powershell code for a snippet, the output window waits for a carriage return before inserting the output into text. Try this.

`#cmd powershell dir -name`

The syntax seems limiting. Difficult to put anything but trivial code in a one-liner short of invoking a script file. May I suggest something like the shebang in unix scripts?

#!cmd
    code here
    and here

and here

#!ps
    code here
    and here

and here

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

noespam wrote:
    Snippets are coming along nicely :)

When I use powershell code for a snippet, the output window waits for a carriage return before inserting the output into text. Try this.

`#cmd powershell dir -name`

The syntax seems limiting. Difficult to put anything but trivial code in a one-liner short of invoking a script file. May I suggest something like the shebang in unix scripts?

#!cmd
    code here
    and here

and here

#!ps
    code here
    and here

and here

The documentation was incomplete. It is possible by following format:

`- filename
    stdin
    stdin

`

For instance, if you want to show the current directory:

`- cmd
    DIR ${Dir}
    `

If you don’t want to parse parameters like ${}, you can use

‘!- filename
    stdin
    stdin

`

Please let me know what you think!

banita

With alpha 36 and 37 I dont have auto code complete. Is there any way to turn on this feature?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

banita wrote:
    With alpha 36 and 37 I dont have auto code complete. Is there any way to turn on this feature?

If the Snippets plug-in customar bar is hidden, the plug-in must be configured to run background. Please select the Snippets plug-in Properties, and then check “Run Background”.

banita

But I have this otpion checked all time.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

banita wrote:
    But I have this otpion checked all time.

Can you please describe the details of the problem? Are you talking about the Snippets plug-in? What snippet do you want to insert? How are you trying to insert the snippet? What was the trigger string? shortcut key? Double-clicking the item in the Snippet tree work?

banita

No I dont talk about snippet plugin. For example:

int variable;
    var…. <—– here emeditor should auto suggest 'variable' but dont do this.

I talk about somethink like “IntelliSense” form Visual IDE.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

banita wrote:
    No I dont talk about snippet plugin. For example:

int variable;
    var…. <—– here emeditor should auto suggest 'variable' but dont do this.

I talk about somethink like “IntelliSense” form Visual IDE.

OK. This is done by “Word Complete” plug-in. Please make sure the Word Complete button is pressed state, or Word Complete menu is checked on the plug-ins submenu on the Tools menu.

banita

thanks. now all works fine. sory for problem.

noespam

Yutaka wrote:

`- cmd
    DIR ${Dir}
    `

‘!- filename
    stdin
    stdin

`

works :) Here’s an example for those of you who use powershell.

`- powershell –
    # prompts for name then echos the hello greeting
    $name = “${name}”.ToUpper()
    “Hello $name!”
    exit
    `

Note the exit is required. Powershell would not exit automatically. What about an option to chop the last CRLF? Most of the time I want to replace the trigger inline instead of adding a new line. The above code always adds a new line.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

noespam wrote:

Yutaka wrote:

`- cmd
    DIR ${Dir}
    `

‘!- filename
    stdin
    stdin

`

works :) Here’s an example for those of you who use powershell.

`- powershell –
    # prompts for name then echos the hello greeting
    $name = “${name}”.ToUpper()
    “Hello $name!”
    exit
    `

Note the exit is required. Powershell would not exit automatically. What about an option to chop the last CRLF? Most of the time I want to replace the trigger inline instead of adding a new line. The above code always adds a new line.

I will consider adding that option. Please let me know if you have any specific specification in mind for this option. Thanks!

noespam

How about a checkbox in the snippet dialog? The option might be useful for other shells.

BTW, I just ordered a personal license since you are so helpful :) Thank you for keeping EmEditor small, fast, powerful and 64-bit. –mario

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

noespam wrote:
    How about a checkbox in the snippet dialog? The option might be useful for other shells.

BTW, I just ordered a personal license since you are so helpful :) Thank you for keeping EmEditor small, fast, powerful and 64-bit. –mario

I don’t want to make this global option. I will just make the chopping the last CRLF as default. If a user doesn’t want to chop the last CRLF, he or she can just add another CRLF to the snippet.

Thanks for buying a license! That certainly motivates me to make the better software.

zhouzh2
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,
    I know it’s strange, but the Word Complete plug-in just don’t automatically show the candidate words. However the hotkey works.
    I confirm the Word Complete button is pressed state, “Automatically Show the Candidate List as Typed” is also checked.
    A clean install of the Emeditor 9 alpha 37 doesn’t solve the problem. The system is Windows 7 RC english 32bit.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

zhouzh2 wrote:
    Hi Yutaka,
    I know it’s strange, but the Word Complete plug-in just don’t automatically show the candidate words. However the hotkey works.
    I confirm the Word Complete button is pressed state, “Automatically Show the Candidate List as Typed” is also checked.
    A clean install of the Emeditor 9 alpha 37 doesn’t solve the problem. The system is Windows 7 RC english 32bit.

In regedit.exe, can you remove HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareemsoftEmEditorPlugInsWordComplete key and try again? This should reset all the settings related to the WordComplete plug-in. The earlier unisntaller did not clear the plug-in information.

zhouzh2
    Participant

Yes, removing HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareemsoftEmEditorPlugInsWordComplete key resets all the settings related to the WordComplete plug-in. However, the problem still exits…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.