- August 30, 2009 at 6:28 am #7591Yutaka EmuraKeymaster
EmEditor Professional 9.00 beta 1 is available for download.
Updates from alpha 38 include:
– DSV (User-defined delimiter-separated) mode is supported now. You can specify a separator for this mode.
– You can sort values at a specified column. In conjunction with the narrowing mode, you can sort only selected lines.
– Detect DSV (User-Defined Delimiter-Separated) check box, and Delimiter text box were added to the File tab of Configuration Properties.
– Sort A to Z, Sort Z to A, Sort Smallest to Largest, Sort Largest to Smallest, Sticky Vertical Mode, Scroll Left, Scroll Right, Customize Sort commands were added.
– Sort tab of the Customize dialog box.
– DetectCSV property, DetectTSV property, DetectDSV property, and Delimiter property were added to the FileProp Object.
– The Snippets plug-in crash bug fixed.
– Right button + Wheel always works even if the Use Mouse Wheel to Select check box is not checked.
The About dialog box shows the “Trial Version”. This beta version expires on November 30, 2009. Before this date, you will need to update to then newer version, or purchase the release version.
The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.
Please let me know earlier rather than later if you have any bug reports or comments. Thanks!September 6, 2009 at 6:37 pm #7603dw7832Participant
Thank you for the new beta and the included sort functionality! Unfortunately, the following seems not to be currently available:
– The ability to sort just the current selection instead of the whole file.
– When printing headers and/or footers, the ability to have multiple elements (for example, one left aligned and one right aligned) in the same header or footer. By way of example: “&f &r &p of &a” (minus the quotes) leads to both the file name and page numbers to be right aligned instead of the file name to the left edge and the page number to the right.
– A spelling check plug-in or built-in functionality for the 64-bit version.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.