Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 9.00 RC trial is available for download.

Updates from beta 2 include:

– 16 New button on the toolbar were added.
    – An arrow was added to the (Paste) button on the toolbar, and clicking the arrow display the list of recently used text on the Clipboard.
    – Fixed other bugs.

Please download

http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed900rc1ep32_trial.msi (English, 32-bit)

The About dialog box shows the “Trial Version”. This beta version expires in 30 days or on November 30, 2009, whichever comes first. Before this date, you will need to update to then newer version, or install the full version.

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.

Please let me know earlier rather than later if you have any bug reports or comments. Thanks!

SSTSylvain
    Participant

Hi, …

EmEditor Professional 9.00 RC trial

Where is the x64 version ?

———————–
    Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

sst wrote:
    Hi, …

EmEditor Professional 9.00 RC trial

Where is the x64 version ?

———————–
    Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Sorry, 64-bit version will be available only when the full-version becomes available. Thank you!

owilsky
    Participant
    MariaK
    Participant

I repeat my demand from this thread:

Give us the full handle about all commands within a toolbar. The current situation is unsatisfying and „not fish and not meat“ (german proverb).

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

owilsky wrote:
    All my bugs reported here are still present:
    http://www.emeditor.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1232&forum=12

Exactly which bugs are you talking about? Are you talking about “blue squares”? I believe blue squares are tab marks, and you can customize the marks in the Customize dialog > Marks.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

MariaK wrote:
    I repeat my demand from this thread:

Give us the full handle about all commands within a toolbar. The current situation is unsatisfying and „not fish and not meat“ (german proverb).

Sorry Maria, but it will become too many changes if I try to provide a button for every command available. However, I might consider more customization in the future.

owilsky
    Participant

But the blue marks don’t disappear when I disable marks. They turn from blue to black then.

Second bug for me is the grey area at the end of a file. This was not this way in V8.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

owilsky wrote:
    But the blue marks don’t disappear when I disable marks. They turn from blue to black then.

Second bug for me is the grey area at the end of a file. This was not this way in V8.

How do you disable marks? You should uncheck “Show Tabs” in the Marks tab of Configuration Properties of the selected configuration.

The gray area corresponds to the Outside region in the Display tab of Configuration Properties. You can change the background color of this.

MariaK
    Participant

@Yutaka

Sorry Maria, but it will become too many changes if I try to provide a button for every command available. However, I might consider more customization in the future.

Too complex? Really? (Many other high level programs provide these funtion.) What a bad news for all users, they want to individualise her editor.

If I remember rightly, I can use a macro to build a button for any command within the toolbar. Please, can you give us a detailed example? I’m a rookie in respect of writing macros.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

MariaK wrote:
    @Yutaka

Too complex? Really? (Many other high level programs provide these funtion.) What a bad news for all users, they want to individualise her editor.

If I remember rightly, I can use a macro to build a button for any command within the toolbar. Please, can you give us a detailed example? I’m a rookie in respect of writing macros.

This is an example.

#icon="c:windowsnotepad.exe"
    editor.ExecuteCommandByID(4097);

MariaK
    Participant

Okay, I have written a macro, but it didn’t works. Among other things (no icon, no title, no tooltip) EmEditor giving back an error message. What’s wrong?

(EmEditor 9.00 RC)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

MariaK wrote:
    Okay, I have written a macro, but it didn’t works. Among other things (no icon, no title, no tooltip) EmEditor giving back an error message. What’s wrong?

(EmEditor 9.00 RC)

#icon must be the first line of the macro file.

owilsky
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:

owilsky wrote:

How do you disable marks? You should uncheck “Show Tabs” in the Marks tab of Configuration Properties of the selected configuration.

The gray area corresponds to the Outside region in the Display tab of Configuration Properties. You can change the background color of this.

Regarding marks: see this screenshot with marks enabled: tabs are blue in tab mode.

Now see this screenshot with marks disabled. Tabs are still there, but in black.

Regarding the gray area: I see. I could change this easily by changing background colour from custom to default.
    But shouldn’t “default” be the default setting after installing EmEditor?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

You can find which character is your box (□) by pressing the cursor at the left of the box (□) and press CTRL + I. Can you find what the code value is? If you still don’t know can you email me ([email protected]) the text file after zipped?

The gray color is now the default because if you narrow a portion of the document, you will not notice where the border is.

Thanks!

MariaK
    Participant

So simpel! Thanks, Yutaka.

owilsky
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:
    You can find which character is your box (□) by pressing the cursor at the left of the box (□) and press CTRL + I. Can you find what the code value is? If you still don’t know can you email me ([email protected]) the text file after zipped?

The gray color is now the default because if you narrow a portion of the document, you will not notice where the border is.

Thanks!

I know what character it is. It is a tabulator (ASCII 09). It is a tab separated file, so this is normal. But in the new tab mode this should not be shown imo. Am I the only one with this problem?

MariaK
    Participant

You are not the only one. Everybody can reproduce this „anomaly“.

My test area: a clean installation of ‘EmEditor Pro 9.00 Trial’ (INI-Mode). Tabs enabled; Marks disabled; setable Marks are not defined; TSV Mode enabled.

Bug or feature?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.