Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional v10 beta 2 (9.90.2) is available for download. Updates from beta 1 include:

– Failed to launch CompMgmtLauncher.exe when beta 1 was installed. This bug was fixed.

– The spelling check function did not work with a Bulgarian dictionary. This bug was fixed.

– New Synchronize Horizontal Scrolling when Split and Synchronize Vertical Scrolling when Split commands on Window menu.

– When localized language files are old, EmEditor now automatically uses English strings and dialog box resources whenever possible.

For details of other new features and screenshots of EmEditor Professional 10, please see:

http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/rewrite/tc_36.html

Please download:
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/updates/emed32_9.90.2.exe (32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/updates/emed64_9.90.2.exe (64-bit)

It is recommended that you uninstall previous v9 before you install a new version.

This beta version is free. It doesn’t require you to enter a registration key, and anyone can use this beta version without purchase. This version expires on May 31, 2010. Before this date, you will need to update to then newer version, or purchase the release version.

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.

Please don’t hesitate to write any comments or bug reports in this forum.

Thank you for trying EmEditor beta versions!

betaspin
    Participant

Many thanks, Yutaka. I can confirm that the Bulgarian spell checking is working fine now. I will try later on with Russian, but do expect that it will be all right, as well.

So far as the traditional spell-checking facilities I suggested in an earlier posting are concerned, these would be very useful if one has to modify an existing large file, especially if has not been spell-checked before and there is intensive syntax highlighting. In this case it can prove difficult to spot all underlined words. The “on-the-fly” approach works very well when creating a new file.

dw7832
    Participant

I’m unfortunately still not seeing any options in context menu > Dictionaries, having tried both Dutch as well as German dictionaries. Contrary to the screenshot in the beta announcement, I’m not even seeing en_US in this list although spell-checking English text does work.

Just to be sure I made no mistake with installation: is it enough to copy nl_NL.aff and nl_NL.dic to C:Program FilesEmEditorDictionaries or are additional steps required?

zhouzh2
    Participant

Hello dear Yutaka:-)
    I have some problems here.
    1. It seems that the theme’s displaying mechanism has been changed. All my custom theme’s “Current line” property is weird. The text color in the highlighted current line is black(although it should be white as the text color of the current line is set to Transparent). i.e. try the MinimalZen theme. Since the background color is dark black, this makes the text on Current line barely visible.
    This problem exists on all custom themes on my machine. However, the themes that come with Emeditor function properly. So maybe this is not a bug and just a little tweak somewhere will fix it?

2. The macro’s recording and playback when the sticky vertical mode is on are broken.
    i.e. when sticky vertical mode is on, start recording. hold SHIFT press arrow DOWN, input something. ESC. stop recording. now undo your changes, put the cursor back to it’s former position, run the macro. The macro will not input anything.

P.S. Is it possible for Emeditor’s macro to remember(or to set) the edit properties of the document? such as Overwrite/Insert mode, or whether a switch to vertical mode should be done before executing the macro, since in different environment, a same macro might not behave the same.

Emeditor 10 beta 2. Windows 7 64bit EN.

betaspin
    Participant

dw7832:

Have you tried to copy the dictionary files to

c:UsersAppDataRoamingEmurasoftEmEditorSpell

(use the appropriate for your account)?

dw7832
    Participant

betaspin:

I have now (I didn’t see this in the beta announcement by the way) and unfortunately it makes no difference.

EmEditor x64 9.90.2
    Windows 7 x64 RTM.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello betaspin,

You don’t need to copy dictionary files to c:UsersAppDataRoamingEmurasoftEmEditorSpell. You only need to copy them to C:Program FilesEmEditorDictionaries.

Hello dw7832,

Can you make sure that “Check Spelling” is checked on the Context Menu (the menu you see when you right-click on an EmEditor window)? This check also corresponds to the “Spelling” tab of configuration properties > “Check Spelling” checkbox. They should be both checked, other wise the list of dictionaries won’t appear. However, you wrote that spell-checking English text works. This is strange, and I need to reproduce what happened.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello dw7832,

When you right click, and select Dictionaries, do you see “(no dictionaries)” as gray text? If not, your menus are not correctly customized. You might want to go to “Customize Menus” on the Tools menu, select “Context Menu”, and then click “Reset” button. I hope this helps.

dw7832
    Participant

Yutaka:

I had Tools > Properties for All Configurations > Spelling > Check Spelling disabled; enabling this does populate the list in context menu > Dictionaries. I hadn’t changed this myself, apparently this is the default. I hadn’t caught this earlier as enabling context menu > Check Spelling did trigger the spell check.

Can I also add the following feature request:

EmEditor currently doesn’t support multiple zones in headers and footers by using alignment. This would allow for instance having the file name aligned to the left side with the page numbers aligned to the right, with the possibility to include other information centered in the header of footer.

There is currently the possibility to align the header or footer to the center or the right, but this applies to the entire header or footer: information entered before &r or &c is also thus aligned.

Many apps support three areas by alignment in headers or footers (IE, Firefox, Word, etc.). I’d think it an improvement for the printing functionality of EmEditor.

Thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello zhouzh2,

Thanks for trying out EmEditor 10 beta!

1. I reproduced the current line coloring bug. It is going to be fixed on the next beta. Thanks for reporting this bug.

2. The macro’s recording will not work when vertical mode is on. Currently, this is the specification. As you can imagine, the macro’s recording becomes complicated when vertical mode is on.

3. You can find Overwrite/Insert mode by this code:

b = document.selection.OverwriteMode;

Sticky vertical mode can be found by:

editor.QueryStatusByID( 4473 );  // 4473 VerticalMode

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks again!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello dw7832,

I am glad you resolved the issue. I think this issue was resolved in beta 2.

Your feature request about Print header/footer will be implemented in beta 3. Thanks for your inputs!

dw7832
    Participant

Hello Yutaka,

Thank you for accepting my feature request. If I can make one more: could you provide an Apply button to large dialogue boxes like Tools > Properties and Tools > Customization? I regularly need to make several changes and find myself pressing OK in between to preserve the changes in case I make a mistake later on.

Thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Thanks for trying out beta versions!

I will think about your request, but I am not sure if I can add that feature. There are many other features people ask. Thanks again for your inputs!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.