Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional v10 beta 3 (9.90.3) is available for download. Updates from beta 2 include:

– Fixed the bug that checking both Count Matches and Use Regular Expressions might delete matched strings under a certain condition.

– Fixed the bug that Print Preview was not correct.

– Fixed the bug that current line coloring was not correct.

– EmEditor now supports a combination of left (&l), center (&c), and right (&r) aligh for Print header and footer.

– Compare Wizard and Import/Export Wizard are now Aero wizard type on Windows Vista/7.

– New commands:
    Encode to HTML/XML Character Reference
    Decode from HTML/XML Character Reference
    Encode to Universal Character Names
    Decode from Universal Character Names

For details of other new features and screenshots of EmEditor Professional 10, please see:

http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/rewrite/tc_36.html

Please download:
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/updates/emed32_9.90.3.exe (32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/updates/emed64_9.90.3.exe (64-bit)

It is recommended that you uninstall previous v9 before you install a new version.

This beta version is free. It doesn’t require you to enter a registration key, and anyone can use this beta version without purchase. This version expires on May 31, 2010. Before this date, you will need to update to then newer version, or purchase the release version.

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.

Please don’t hesitate to write any comments or bug reports in this forum.

Thank you for trying EmEditor beta versions!

dw7832
    Participant

Dear Yutaka,

Thank you very much for implementing multiple zones in the print header and footer; it works a treat.

Just in case you missed it in the previous thread, can I ask for an Apply button in big dialogue boxes like Tools > Customize and Tools > Properties.

Thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Thank you for trying beta 3 and confirming the footer/header work!

zhouzh2
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,
    Today I try to use Emeditor 10 beta 3 in a productive environment (COBOL programming), and noticed the following bugs:
    1. TABs inserted in vertical mode remain to be TABs when “Insert Spaces for Tabs” is checked.
    2. Snippets plug-in. In any placeholders other that placeholder 0, type ‘a’, ENTER, type ‘b’, will get ‘bb’ with cursor between the 2 ‘b’s.
    3. In placeholders, the function “Automatically show the candidate list as typed” of WordComplete plug-in will not work. (“Show Candidates Manually” works fine)
    4. If cursor color is customized, the color will change on a background other than white. i.e. will set to red, the cursor is blue in theme MinimalZen. (not a big deal though…)

A few other problems:
    1. Since the system I work with is case sensitive, I set “Default Extension” to be “.COB” (Uppercase). However, when saving, the extension is converted to “.cob” (Lowercase), which is quite annoying.
    2. In COBOL, line comment can only be expressed by “^(d|s){6}*”, any other form is illegal. This cannot be set in Emeditor’s line comment. Nor can “{SixSpaces}*”.
    3. Would you please let snippets plug-in support “nesting snippets”? i.e. in placeholder 1 of snippet 1, trigger snippet 2, when TAB after placeholder 0 of snippet 2, return to placeholder 2 of snippets 1, etc. Currently Emeditor simply ignores the triggers of another snippets in placeholders.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello zhouzh2,

Thanks for trying out EmEditor beta 3!

1. I reproduced this issue, and it has been already fixed for beta 4.

2. I reproduced this issue too, and I will fix it soon.

3. This is currently a specification, but I will try to fix it in the future.

4. Yes. The cursor color is actually inverted color, so if background is other than white, the cursor color will change accordingly.

other 1. I reproduced this issue only if you select “COBOL (*.cob)” (or any configuration other than “All Files (*.*)”) in the “Save as Type” drop-down list. Next time, please select “All Files (*.*)” in the Save As dialog box, and you should see “.COB” as you expected.

other 2, 3. I will have to consider these in future versions, but I am not sure when I can implement these features.

Thanks again for trying EmEditor beta!

zhouzh2
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,
    Thanks for the quick reply.

other 1. I reproduced this issue only if you select “COBOL (*.cob)” (or any configuration other than “All Files (*.*)”) in the “Save as Type” drop-down list. Next time, please select “All Files (*.*)” in the Save As dialog box, and you should see “.COB” as you expected.

That does the trick. Thanks a lot. :-D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.