Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional v10 beta 6 (9.90.6) is available for download.

Updates from beta 5 include:

– The ‘>’ button on the right side of Find/Replace drop-down list (Find/Replace/Find in Files/Replace in Files dialog) now includes “Selected Text”, “Word at Cursor”, “Custom”, and “Save as Default” commands.

– Another ‘>’ button was added to the right side of “File Types” drop-down list (Find in Files/Replace in Files dialog). This button includes “Current File Type”, “Current File”, and “Save as Default” commands.

– The ‘…’ button on the right side of “In Folder” drop-down list (Find in Files/Replace in Files dialog) was changed to ‘>’ button. This button includes “Current Folder”, “Custom”, and “Save as Default” commands.

– Fixed a Snippets plug-in bug on beta 5.

For details of other new features and screenshots of EmEditor Professional 10, please see:

http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/rewrite/tc_36.html

Please download:
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/updates/emed32_9.90.6.exe (32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/updates/emed64_9.90.6.exe (64-bit)

It is recommended that you uninstall previous v9 before you install a new version.

This beta version is free. It doesn’t require you to enter a registration key, and anyone can use this beta version without purchase. This version expires on May 31, 2010. Before this date, you will need to update to then newer version, or purchase the release version.

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.

Please don’t hesitate to write any comments or bug reports in this forum.

Thank you for trying EmEditor beta versions!

shx
    Participant

It is recommended that you uninstall previous v9 before you install a new version

I am running version 8.

If I install the new beta will I be able to run both the old version 8 and the beta ?

Steven

banita

I set background color for matched brackets but when I open C# file (.cs) this option dont work. I set this for all configurations. With c++ files all works fine.

sory for me english

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi Steven,

Thanks for using EmEditor Professional!

No, you should uninstall EmEditor v8 before you install v10. Even if you forget to uninstall v8, v10 installer should automatically uninstall v8.

Please don’t hesitate to ask me if you have any further questions.
    Thanks again!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello banita,

Thank you for using EmEditor Professional!

There should be no difference between configurations if configurations are exactly same. Please make sure all “Bracket Pairs” are checked in the Highlight (2) tab of both configuration properties. And of course, “Highlight Matching Brackets” needs to be checked, too.

If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks again!

zhouzh2
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,
    word-complete in placeholders works, and this is GREAT :-)
    However, there is a bug in the snippets plugin:
    1. in any placeholders other than placeholder 0, typing a trigger string will replace the whole snippets with the trigger’s snippets. This is reproducible at least in C, Java and HTML. (only a certain trigger under such situation will cause this, was not able to test them all)
    i.e. try this: in C, for{TAB}, and type “printf”.
    in JAVA, cl{TAB}, and type “de”.
    in HTML, img{TAB}, and type “html”.
    if you do this, even an error will popup:
    img{TAB}, and type “input”.

feature request:
    1. the drop down list of word-complete even popups when there is only one match and the match is exactly what I have typed.
    i.e. open a blank document, type “abcd”. space. abcd again. you will see abcd is listed as a word-complete suggestion. therefore if the user wants to input an enter, he will have to do it twice. in a word, the word user has just inputed should not be in dropdown list of the plug-in. if I have variable abc and abc-1, it would be much nicer to type abc and get only abc-1 as suggestion.
    2. Get the seletion back when undo. A lot of winows apps action like that(including MS. Word and Notepad). (although I can live without that. :-) )

Viggen

Hi Yutaka.

a couple of feature requests for v10 :)

1) F/R dialog tabstops:
    in normal mode with TAB you switch from “find” text to “replace”
    with regex first TAB from “find” jumps to “>” button
    I think “>” buttons can have tabstop AFTER “replace”

2) Compare files is a great feature, but it kills window placement. may be return window to the state as it was before comparation, when comparation is finished ?

ToadLoadin

Hi Yutaka,

I made a screen recording to explain what the “global option for snippets transforming” means, please check it: :-)

http://www.dropbox.com/u/2516823/video/2010-04/emeditor-snipptes-regex-option.mp4

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello zhouzh2

Thanks for trying EmEditor beta!

1. I have fixed that Snippets plug-in bug. You will see the bug fix on beta 7.

Feature request 1. I added “Automatically Hide the List when Only One Candidate is Matched” check box in the Word Complete properties Options. This allows the list disappear when only one candidate is matched.

Feature request 2. I will think about this feature, but probably not in v10.

Please let me know if you have further questions or comments.
    Thanks again!

zhouzh2
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,

Feature request 1. I added “Automatically Hide the List when Only One Candidate is Matched” check box in the Word Complete properties Options. This allows the list disappear when only one candidate is matched.

Thanks for accepting my feature request:-) don’t knowing if this is exactly what I mean though. I will try beta 7 and comment later.

Feature request 2. I will think about this feature, but probably not in v10.

I’ll be patient.:-D

P.S. I think the snippets plug-in should be temporarily turned off in vertical mode,just like the word-complete plug-in, as they are not functioning rightly in Vertical Mode.

robben

I found a new bug with the Snippets plugin.

zhouzh2
    Participant

Hi robben,
    This is exactly what I described in my post :-) As Yutaka stated, this will be fixed in beta 7.

robben

Can snippets plug-in be called in macros?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello robben,

This is the same bug as zhouzh2 reported. It will be fixed on beta 7.

Thank you!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello robben,

No, sorry. Each snippet is not able to be called from macros. The Snippets plug-in command (toggling custom-bar) is possible.

robben

would snippets be achieve in macros dynamically?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Thanks for your screencast. The global option will be supported in beta 7. The format is :

${n/regexp/replace_format/option}

where option is g.

For instance.

$1
    ${1/./U/g}

will uppercase all characters in $1.

Note: you cannot use “.*?” as a regular expression. This will match zero-length character, and the result will be empty. However, you can use “.+?”.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello Viggen

1) I think it is natural to assume “>” should be after Find text box. What do you think, other users?

2) I see. However, I might consider this in future versions.

Thanks!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello zhouzh2,

P.S. I think the snippets plug-in should be temporarily turned off in vertical mode,just like the word-complete plug-in, as they are not functioning rightly in Vertical Mode.

I am not sure if I understand this correctly. Do you mean Sticky Vertical mode? I don’t see the Word-Complete plug-in is temporarily turned off.

zhouzh2
    Participant

1) I think it is natural to assume “>” should be after Find text box. What do you think, other users?

I agree it’s more natural. But for those keyboard hardcores, I think Viggen’s approach will be more efficient. I personly +1 on Viggen’s advice. After all this is Emeditor Professional 8-)

I am not sure if I understand this correctly. Do you mean Sticky Vertical mode? I don’t see the Word-Complete plug-in is temporarily turned off.

I record a demo for this.

ToadLoadin

Yutaka wrote:
    Thanks for your screencast. The global option will be supported in beta 7.

Thank you for your quick response! :-D

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello zhouzh2,

Thanks for your demo. I will fix this issue on beta 7.

If you have further comments, please let me know.
    Thanks!

SSTSylvain
    Participant

Hi, …

Inside your EmEditor software, you still use inside .html “&” with fluo color.

In example = have & in yellow fluo.

P.S. you have already write the respond some months ago.

I have to disable it each time when an EmEditor have a new upadted version. Can it be by default, to not use yellow fluo inside html file when it display the “&” symbol ?

In example below =

—-

———————-
    Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello sst,

Thanks for using EmEditor!

I removed “&” from the default HTML keyword list. It will be available on beta 7. Let’s see if anyone has an objection…
    Thanks for your inputs!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello Viggen,

I changed the tab order in Replace/Find in Files/Replace in Files dialogs. Let’s see if anyone has an objection to this change…

Thanks for your inputs!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.