Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional v10 beta 8 (9.90.8) is available for download.

Updates from beta 7 include:

– “Ignore All” for spelling command was added.

– The following commands were added:

View:
    Lines Numbers
    Ruler

View > Marks:
    Returns
    End of File
    Tabs
    Spaces
    Wide Spaces
    CR and LF with Different Marks
    Control Characters
    Indent Guides

View > Tab/Indent:
    Auto Indent
    Insert Spaces for Tabs
    Wrap Indent

For details of other new features and screenshots of EmEditor Professional 10, please see:

http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/rewrite/tc_36.html

Please download:
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/updates/emed32_9.90.8.exe (32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/updates/emed64_9.90.8.exe (64-bit)

It is recommended that you uninstall previous v9 before you install a new version.

This beta version is free. It doesn’t require you to enter a registration key, and anyone can use this beta version without purchase. This version expires on May 31, 2010. Before this date, you will need to update to then newer version, or purchase the release version.

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.

Please don’t hesitate to write any comments or bug reports in this forum.

Thank you for trying EmEditor beta versions!

robben

Could snppiets’s placeholders and keyboard event handler be added to macros?

ToadLoadin

Hi Yutaka,
    The global option for snippets transforming works great, thank you! :-)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

No. Event handles cannot be added to macros, unfortunately.
    Thanks for using EmEditor!

MariaK
    Participant

– The following commands were added:

View:
    Lines Numbers
    Ruler

Now I can delete an old suggestion. Nice.

dw7832
    Participant

Dear Yutaka,

Thank you very much for the improved installer that remembers the installation options chosen. The one thing that currently isn’t optional is the creation of a desktop shortcut. I fully understand why that is the default, but could you make that an option as well?

Thank you.

robben

I guess there is some conflict between the “outline” plugin and my zen-coding macro.When I enable “outline”, sometimes the cursor doesn’t jump to the position I have set. Would you tell me how to solve this? And how can I put place holder in macro so I can use “tab” key to jump the cursor?

ToadLoadin

Hi Yutaka,

There is an issue about the auto indent feature, please check out my my screencast. :-)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello ToadLoadin,

I saw your screencast. As you noticed, the auto indent feature is disabled while the cursor is inside a placeholder. This is the specification. It would become too complicated if the auto indent feature is enabled while the snippet is working. However, I might consider improvements in future versions.

Thanks for your inputs! Please let me know if you have other questions or comments.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello robben,

Thank you for using EmEditor Professional!

I tested your zen-coding macro with Outline plug-in, but I couldn’t find what the issue was. I only tested with a few simple conversions like:

div#header

div.item$-$-content*6

as the demo you showed us.

What exactly was the issue? Can you please write the detail procedure how to reproduce your issue, or maybe you can show me a screencast, please? Please also let me know your Outline plug-in settings.

Thanks again,

ToadLoadin

Hi Yukata,
    Thank you for your quick response. I fully understand your choice, and hope to see future improvements. :-)

robben
    zhouzh2
    Participant

Hi Yukata,

I added “Automatically Hide the List when Only One Candidate is Matched” check box in the Word Complete properties Options. This allows the list disappear when only one candidate is matched.

Thank you for implying this, now the wordcomplete is much less disturbing.:-)
    I don’t think “Automatically Hide the List when Only One Candidate is Matched” is an appropriate name for this function, since the list will only hide when only one candidate is matched and when the matched candidate is identical to the word typed. This might add confusion to users that are new to this function (i.e. those not following the 10 beta testing). But of course the decision is up to you.

If I may ask for more:
    The original request is that I want the candidate which is identical to the word typed to be hide from the list. And when there is only one candidate then the candidate is hide and therefore since “Automatically Hide the List when No Candidate is Matched” is on — the list is hide. As you can see, in this case “Automatically Hide the List when Only One Candidate is Matched” is actually a special situation…
    However I fully understand this might require some efforts in changing the structure of word-complete plug-in, and has lower priority.
    Nevertheless, I’m already pretty much satisfied with the current method. 8-)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi zhouzh2

I will try to correct wording of the new option.

I didn’t completely understand your second request. Can you explain more details with examples?

Thank you!

zhouzh2
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,
    Okay.
    In short, I want the candidate which is identical to the word typed to be hide from the list.(the word is hide, the list is not. but if there is only one candidate which is identical, the list is hide.)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi zhouzh2,

Thanks for your explanation.

In beta 10, I changed “Automatically Hide the List when Only One Candidate is Matched” check box to “Exclude Matched and Same-Length Word from the Candidate List”. I hope I am doing right this time.

Thank you,

zhouzh2
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,
    Yes I think this is much more better :-)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.