Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Today, we are releasing EmEditor Professional v13 beta 5 (12.9.4).

Updates from beta 4 include:
    – The Quick Launch window now includes options and allows you to access a searched dialog box.
    – Fixed other bugs.

Please see EmEditor Professional v13 New Features.
    http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/rewrite/tc_41.html

=== To Download ===

Please click one of the links below to download. The Update Checker is not available for beta versions.

http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed32_12.9.4.exe (32-bit installer)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed64_12.9.4.exe (64-bit installer)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed32_12.9.4_portable.zip (32-bit portable)

Notes:

Since this is a beta version, there might be some bugs left, and that is normal. Only English and Japanese user interfaces are up-to-date. The Help is not up-to-date.

This beta release can be tried with a registration key for v12. Registration keys for v13 will be different from the keys for v12. When v13 is released, some customers will need to purchase upgrades. If you purchase v12 now, you will receive a free key for v13 when v13 is released.

Thank you for continue using EmEditor!

CaptainFlint
    Participant

I had a configuration named Makefile which had no association. In the new association dialog it was shown as “*.txt” with unticked checkbox. Now I assigned it to the wildcard:
    Makefile*
    However, in the Open/Save dialogs it still displays “Makefile (*.txt)”.

Suggestion: remember the column widths in the the Quick Launch dialog. By default they are too narrow, so I have to enlarge them, but next time I open the dialog the witdhs are default again.

Suggestion: make the drop-down path of the Commands listbox in the Configuration->Keyboard wider than the list itself. For example, there’s a screenshot of how this idea is implemented in Total Commander:

CaptainFlint
    Participant

Since Ctrl+click does not select a word anymore in multi-selection mode, why not use it for adding the clicked cursor position to the multi-selection? I mean, if I want to type in the same word in multiple places, I have to make a number of non-empty selections, which means I can only replace the text with some other text, not append it. It would be useful if EE allowed to add empty selections (insert points, actually) as well. EE already supports them for vertical selection, but the desired insert points are not always aligned vertically, and multi-selection could be very handy there.

A bug similar to reported earlier.
    Press and hold Ctrl. Start selecting text, then reduce the selection area to empty (return the mouse pointer to the beginning of selection). Release the mouse button, release the Ctrl key. Now press any alphanumeric key. The result is “freezing” of EmEditor window contents, just like in this report.

Stefan
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:
    – The Quick Launch window now includes options
    and allows you to access a searched dialog box.

What does this means?
    Where can I see this ‘options’?
    How am I able to ‘access a searched dialog box’?

Please elaborate. Thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Flint wrote:
    I had a configuration named Makefile which had no association. In the new association dialog it was shown as “*.txt” with unticked checkbox. Now I assigned it to the wildcard:
    Makefile*
    However, in the Open/Save dialogs it still displays “Makefile (*.txt)”.

Suggestion: remember the column widths in the the Quick Launch dialog. By default they are too narrow, so I have to enlarge them, but next time I open the dialog the witdhs are default again.

Suggestion: make the drop-down path of the Commands listbox in the Configuration->Keyboard wider than the list itself. For example, there’s a screenshot of how this idea is implemented in Total Commander:

1. and 2. will be addressed on Beta 6. I will also think about 3. in future versions. Thanks!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Flint wrote:
    Since Ctrl+click does not select a word anymore in multi-selection mode, why not use it for adding the clicked cursor position to the multi-selection? I mean, if I want to type in the same word in multiple places, I have to make a number of non-empty selections, which means I can only replace the text with some other text, not append it. It would be useful if EE allowed to add empty selections (insert points, actually) as well. EE already supports them for vertical selection, but the desired insert points are not always aligned vertically, and multi-selection could be very handy there.

A bug similar to reported earlier.
    Press and hold Ctrl. Start selecting text, then reduce the selection area to empty (return the mouse pointer to the beginning of selection). Release the mouse button, release the Ctrl key. Now press any alphanumeric key. The result is “freezing” of EmEditor window contents, just like in this report.

5. will be addressed on Beta 6. Thanks!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Stefan wrote:

Yutaka wrote:

What does this means?

Please elaborate. Thank you.

All of these items in this screenshot are either Configuration Properties or Customize. By double-clicking one of these items will take you directly to the corresponding dialog box.

Notes that these items appear only when you have typed something in the Search text box (in this case “file”).

Thanks!

Stefan
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:

Stefan wrote:

Yutaka wrote:

What does this means?

All of these items in this screenshot are either Configuration Properties or Customize. By double-clicking one of these items will take you directly to the corresponding dialog box.

My assuming is that you want to say:

“””
    Before beta 5 you were able to search
    for the whole Property dialog as such only.
    E.g. ‘Tools > Marks Properties’

Now you can even search down to the the single options,
    like ‘Show Spaces’ to find
    ‘Properties for Current Configuration > Marks > Show Spaces’
    “””

That’s Fine!
    Do I assume that right here?

But that seems not work reliable enough?

I can find my example above
    — by typing ‘show ‘
    — and also by ‘show s’
    — but not by using ‘show spaces’ or even ‘show sp’
    — and not by ‘spaces’ alone
    which will find only ‘Show White Spaces’ among others.
    Close enough, but…

– – –

And what means now ‘access a searched dialog box’?

Do you refer here to the displayed list
    in the ‘Quick Launch window’ after typing an expression?
    *confused*

– – –

Improvement wish:
    please would you enable the history for the search drop-down edit? (the search field)
    Because I have no history there (working portable)

Thank you.

thanksgod
    Participant

Hi!!

Thanks for keep working hard toward the new version.

Recently, or maybe sometimes, I usually use the Keyboard Map (Help > Keyboard Map…) to “Configure and/or See” the shortcut that I need, but I found it’s a bit inconvenient that while “Keyboard Map” window is opening, I can’t do anything in the Emeditor “Main” window unless I closed “Keyboard Map” window first.

Many times, that I “forgot” or want to re-map the shortcut key because some of my other programs’ shortcut keys using the SAME in the Emeditor’ shortcuts key, so I have to remap them a lot, and that make me forget it a lot. lol

Say it shortly, I hope you can make the “Keyboard Map” window separates from the “Main” window, So I can do anything in the “Main” window while I leave the “Keyboard Map” window opens.

Thanks!!!

edit:Sorry!! if this shouldn’t be in the Beta section because it also happens with the Main version too, but I think it’s maybe good to post here, so you can put this change into this beta version towards the Next Main version.

Deipotent
    Participant

While replying to your post in the previous beta topic about my extract text option, I noticed that when doing a find, the latest beta indicates there is one more match then there actually is. Using my example from my other reply – given a document with:

abcdefgh
    bbcdfgt
    pskdbcdjksh
    jsjkslkdj
    jksahoiehw

If I do a simple find using “bcd”, EmEditor 13 beta 5 incorrectly indicates 4 matches, instead of 3.

thanksgod
    Participant

Hi, Deipotent

I’ve just tried your examples on both 12.0.11 & 13 beta 5.
    I’ve got the correct matching, I mean only 3 matches found.

What else (from your example), did you get when you do find using “bcd”?

Cheers!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Deipotent wrote:
    While replying to your post in the previous beta topic about my extract text option, I noticed that when doing a find, the latest beta indicates there is one more match then there actually is. Using my example from my other reply – given a document with:

abcdefgh
    bbcdfgt
    pskdbcdjksh
    jsjkslkdj
    jksahoiehw

If I do a simple find using “bcd”, EmEditor 13 beta 5 incorrectly indicates 4 matches, instead of 3.

I reproduced this issue, and it will be fixed on Beta 6. Thanks!

Deipotent
    Participant

thanksgod – it’s the number of matches shown in the status bar.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.