- April 18, 2020 at 3:19 pm #26704
Today, we are releasing EmEditor v19.8 beta 2 (19.7.92).
Updates from beta 1 (19.7.91) include:
– Added the Group identical strings when sort by occurrence check box to the Sort page of the Customize dialog box.
– Added the Append encoding names to file names check box to the Advanced dialog box for the Find in Files dialog box.
– Added the Reset Column Width command.
– Plug-in API: Added the FLAG_FIND_OUTPUT_ENCODING flag to the GREP_INFO_EX structure.
– Macro: Added the eeExFindOutputEncoding flag to the FindInFiles method of the Editor object.
Notes: Beta versions are updated frequently. If you use the installer version, please select Select Update Channel on the Help menu, and select Betas in order to update automatically to future beta versions. Beta versions can also be downloaded at Previous versions.
Please post any questions or comments in this forum.
Thank you for trying EmEditor beta!April 20, 2020 at 4:16 pm #26711
Enable “Use uchardet to detect file encodings when the Detect All option is set”.
Open a file.
It prompts for encoding.
Choose “Select Encoding from List”. OK.
** The file is opened directly with System Default encoding. There’s no chance to select encoding.
Check/uncheck the uchardet option in Start window.
** The change does not work instantly.
I have to open Customize dialog once (but no need to click OK), or restart EmEditor.
The background color in Status bar is changed (and not neat) in the new version:
Maybe it’s a classic-theme issue. But will you optimize it a little?
(Personally I prefer the gray it was before.)
I also notice that the text in Status bar is closer to the top border now.
So how about decreasing the height of Status bar by removing the bottom blank?
** The color of the link text is changed to black now.April 20, 2020 at 4:45 pm #26713
Does not show ReadOnly/Compare/SyncScroll icons on tabs.
Seems to be a resource problem.April 21, 2020 at 6:24 pm #26716
I couldn’t reproduce 1 and 6, but I fixed the other issues on beta 3 (19.7.93).
Thanks,April 30, 2020 at 2:11 pm #26747
I see 1 is fixed in 19.8.2.
And the initial behavior of the encoding list changed. Nice!
When Tab Style = Button.April 30, 2020 at 3:29 pm #26749
I reproduced 6, and will fix on the next version.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.