Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mishaama

Hi,
    I use Emeditor 7.
    I had a text file in utf-8 encoding(without BOM), today after editing it, I reopened it and all unicode symbols are converted to some 3-letter combination :(
    for example, “დღეს” has become “бѓ“бѓ¦бѓ”бѓЎ”. that is, all 3-byte utf symbols look like 3 individual characters. I edit this file every day, and everything worked before. how can I convert this back to normal? This has happened to me in past too.
    Does Emeditor 10 have this bug?
    Thanks in advance.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi mishaama,

I don’t know if you can convert that file back to normal, but you can try opening it as utf-8 and save as your system default encoding. Of course, you will need to make backups every time you make experiments. I am sorry for any inconveniences. I hope you have your previous versions of the file. If you use Windows 7, and the documents are in your Documents folder, you should find your backups from Explorer the File properties, Previous versions.

You should always use the latest version of EmEditor, currently EmEditor Professional 10 because there are always bug fixes and improvements.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.