Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    user
    Participant

hello

I think many users face this issue, or am I the only one?

Anyway, when I create a text file, I type new text or add text via paste. Then, it happens the cursor to reach the bottom of the screen and the cursor stays there as I keep adding new text.

This cause eyes not to look at the vertical center of the screen, but at the bottom of the screen, which increases eye strain and generally I don’t think it’s good for health.

So, can you make emeditor to display the end of the file at the vertical center of the screen?

not sure if this suggestion is ok, but i would like some input

thanks

Jibz

I know this is not what you were asking for, but if it’s important to you to have the end of the file at the center of the screen, perhaps a crude workaround would be to resize the EmEditor window to only extend to the middle of the screen?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello user,

You might want to check “Always Enable 1 Page Vertical Scroll” check box in the Scroll tab of configuration properties. This way, the cursor can move around top to bottom wherever you are trying to edit.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

user
    Participant

thanks that is excellent, but I would like to suggest one implovement:

when this option is enabled and you start typing in the first line and then you click NEWLINE to go to the line below, the first line does not show

so, this option should not work if the cursor is in the first “visible” line, because the above line doesn’t show at all

and we can’t see what you have written just above

thanks

CrashNBurn

Somewhat related to this, when doing Searches — jumping between results (next/prev) is very inconsistent with page orientation for a given result:
    EMEditor might show the item at the bottom of the page, or the top or not quite centered…

It would be great if searches always centered the page.
    ==============================
    [lines 20-30] (visible)
    “Some Text you just searched” (result 1)
    [lines 32-52] (visible)
    [lines 24-34] (visible)
    “Some Text you just searched” (result 2)
    [lines 36-56] (visible)

CrashNBurn

Note: I don’t see any difference in EmEditor’s behaviour when Always Enable 1 Page Vertical Scroll is checked.

user
    Participant

type some text, click ENTER, then the first line you typed is moved up and it is not visible any more

> Note: I don’t see any difference in EmEditor’s behaviour when Always Enable 1 Page Vertical Scroll is checked.

CrashNBurn

Yes, but that does not happen. Unless it’s a setting that requires all windows be closed and re-opened.

There is no change in behaviour after enabling Vertical Scroll.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.