Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BobBailey
    Participant

Attempting to install EmEditor 21.5.1 gets error
    API-MS-WIN-Core-Path|1-1-0.dll not present
    Error code: -1073741515 (0xC0000135)
    Searching the site finds no results.
    I’m running Windows 7, existing version of EmEditor is 20.6.1
    Thanks for any help…Bob
    PS. I’ve been using EmEditor since v3 in 2001. Very Happy!

Jamil
    Participant

Support for Windows 7 was dropped. You will no longer be able to upgrade to newer versions.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor still supports Windows 7 SP1 as of this writing, but Windows 7 needs to be most up-to-date including Service Pack 1. Have you applied all available updates for Windows 7?

BobBailey
    Participant

I’m sure SP1 was installed way back when. Win automatic updates have been turned on forever. When I google “API-MS-WIN-Core-Path|1-1-0.dll” I get links that offer to fix the problem.
    Because of the way that Win presents the list of updates I can’t search it or export it. Is there a place where I can export the list or search it?
    Thanks…Bob

BobBailey
    Participant

I last tried to install an EmEditor update on 11/6/21 and got the same error.
    Last successful install was 5/1/21 13:16 EmEditor 20.6.1
    …Bob

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Please download the newest version at https://support.emeditor.com/en/downloads/suggested, and run the downloaded installer.

BobBailey
    Participant

Hi,
    The download seems to have worked just fine. I’m able to open an old file from the File menu, from a folder, and to create a new file then save it.
    Thanks so much for your help. EmEditor is one of three tools that I cannot live without. :)
    …Bob

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.