Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JohnQSmith
    Participant

Trying to configure an external tool for HTML Tidy. I have it set up to use the Output bar which allows me to create a new document with the standard output from TIDY. It also captures standard output in the Output bar. I don’t need two copies of standard output (one as a new doc and one in output bar) and I don’t want a new document containing standard error, I just want to browse standard error for warnings. How do I configure it to capture standard error in the output bar?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello JohnQSmith,

This screenshot

http://www.emeditor.com/images/emeditor10_tool_prop_e.png

replaces the current document with the new standard output, and shows the standard error as a tooltip. You can change the standard output to the new document, and then standard error as the output bar. I hope this helps.

Thanks!

JohnQSmith
    Participant

I have changed it to send the standard output to a new document.
    However, which option do I pick to send standard error to the output bar?
    See image.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am sorry, it was my mistake. There is no Output bar option for the Standard Error (nor for the Standard Output). I will consider adding the Output bar as an option for future versions. Thanks for your inputs!

CrashNBurn

Would it be possible with EmEditors internal scripting or macro?

You could redirect HtmlTidy’s Standard Error to a file TidyError.log.
    Once the file is reloaded/changed in EmEditor – could you load the TidyError.log into the output bar?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.