Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ujr
    Participant

Hi,
    maybe you could change the following behaviour:
    Let’s suppose I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. file2.txt is selected and displayed. Meanwhile I’m working with another program that changes both files somehow.
    Now when I return to EmEditor, it will prompt immediately that file2.txt has been changed and whether I want to reload it.
    However, when I select file1.txt, it will take some time (approximately the 5 sec that are set in the configuration for monitoring interval) until the file change is recognized. Wouldn’t it be better, to scan *all* files for changes when EmEditor becomes active? You wouldn’t need to ask for reload until the file is selected.
    Regards

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

ujr wrote:
    Hi,
    maybe you could change the following behaviour:
    Let’s suppose I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. file2.txt is selected and displayed. Meanwhile I’m working with another program that changes both files somehow.
    Now when I return to EmEditor, it will prompt immediately that file2.txt has been changed and whether I want to reload it.
    However, when I select file1.txt, it will take some time (approximately the 5 sec that are set in the configuration for monitoring interval) until the file change is recognized. Wouldn’t it be better, to scan *all* files for changes when EmEditor becomes active? You wouldn’t need to ask for reload until the file is selected.
    Regards

So exactly how do you want to see EmEditor display the message box? Do you want to see all “file1.txt”, “file2.txt” and “file2.txt” are changed, but you want the prompt to ask the active document “file2.txt” to reload?

ujr
    Participant

Hi,

So exactly how do you want to see EmEditor display the message box? Do you want to see all “file1.txt”, “file2.txt” and “file2.txt” are changed, but you want the prompt to ask the active document “file2.txt” to reload?

Well, I have rethought the proposal. It would become too complicated to do it like I suggested first. Let’s make it better: Why not simply check the next file immediately when changing tabs?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.