Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    stanlyn

I need file group/project functionality in EmEditor where I open files from many different locations and save and open them as a group/project.

The closest thing I can find is your save and restore workspace options. The problem with that is if you set EmEditor to be the default application to open .txt files and close EmEditor and from Explorer you double click a txt file it will load the file into EmEditor as expected. When you close, then reopen EmEditor it remembers the last workspace where the single file was last opened, therefore I must completely create a new workspace.

Also have an open default file, folder, or group when loading EmEditor, whereby it would open a single file if a file was listed, all files in a folder if a folder is listed, or a group of files if the filegroup was listed.

EditPadPro has this project functionality that I do miss, so please add it here…

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

stanlyn wrote:
    I need file group/project functionality in EmEditor where I open files from many different locations and save and open them as a group/project.

The closest thing I can find is your save and restore workspace options. The problem with that is if you set EmEditor to be the default application to open .txt files and close EmEditor and from Explorer you double click a txt file it will load the file into EmEditor as expected. When you close, then reopen EmEditor it remembers the last workspace where the single file was last opened, therefore I must completely create a new workspace.

Also have an open default file, folder, or group when loading EmEditor, whereby it would open a single file if a file was listed, all files in a folder if a folder is listed, or a group of files if the filegroup was listed.

EditPadPro has this project functionality that I do miss, so please add it here…

Have you tried the Projects plug-in?

stanlyn

Where is it at as I searched all the plugins for the word project and found none…

stanlyn

OK, I found it as it is built-in. This does help a lot… Not exactly what I was looking for, but close enough. I’ll just have to adapt…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.