Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    LTT
    Participant

Hi,

v10.0.1

Open Find in Files dialog in an EmEditor window. Then, with the dialog open, close this window. All the windows of this process will be terminated!

Single-process mode.
    Open the first window by any way without using the command line option /sp.
    This process (A) reads the Recent File List from the registry only when its first window opens, and saves the list to the registry only when its last window closes.
    Now run a new process by using /sp.
    This process (B) always synchronizes the Recent File List from/to the registry.
    So, if A is closed after B, All the changes of the Recent File List in the registry changed by B will be overwritten!

Opening the Recent File List menu in a new, independent-process window will cause all the pinned files to be removed from the menu!

In a Find-in-Files result, a path will not be highlighted (or highlighted completely) if the file name contains such a regular expression match:
    (.*)x20

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello LTT,

Open Find in Files dialog in an EmEditor window. Then, with the dialog open, close this window. All the windows of this process will be terminated!

I couldn’t reproduce this issue.

Single-process mode.
    Open the first window by any way without using the command line option /sp.
    This process (A) reads the Recent File List from the registry only when its first window opens, and saves the list to the registry only when its last window closes.
    Now run a new process by using /sp.
    This process (B) always synchronizes the Recent File List from/to the registry.
    So, if A is closed after B, All the changes of the Recent File List in the registry changed by B will be overwritten!

Opening the Recent File List menu in a new, independent-process window will cause all the pinned files to be removed from the menu!

I realize these issues, but separate processes are not completely supported.

In a Find-in-Files result, a path will not be highlighted (or highlighted completely) if the file name contains such a regular expression match:
    (.*)x20

Path containing spaces are not supported intentionally.

I hope these make sense except 1.
    Thank you!

LTT
    Participant

See if the 1st issue can be reproduced when WordComplete is enabled.

Is it possible to resolve the 4th issue by customizing this setting?:
    Customize >> Edit >> Tag Format >> Find
    (I tried but didn’t achieve the purpose.)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi LTT,

Yes, Customize >> Edit >> Tag Format >> Find should resolve this 4th issue.

Actually, even if the file name contains spaces (0x20), the default regular expression

^([w- :.&$\%~!]*?)(([0-9]+))*.*

allows tie file name highlighted. Did you try and see any issues?

Thanks!

LTT
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:
    Did you try and see any issues?

Try such a file name:

file(1) + file(2).txt

In case you didn’t notice this:

LTT wrote:
    See if the 1st issue can be reproduced when WordComplete is enabled.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi LTT,

file(1) + file(2).txt will not work because parenthesis ( and ) are included in the file name, and not because spaces are included.

Thanks!

LTT
    Participant

My original report in the first post was:

(.*)x20

Anyway, I hope there will be a solution.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not sure if I really understand your question. Can you please write in details, how to reproduce your issue, some examples, etc. so I can reproduce your issue here. More examples and more details would help me fix issues earlier.

Thank you!

LTT
    Participant

Here are two examples:

E:Charles Lamb (1775-1834) and Marry Lamb (1764-1847)Tales From Shakespeare.txt(1):
    E:Jerome K. Jerome (1889) Three Men in a Boat.txt(1):

What we see when “document.HighlightTag = True”:

Is it possible to specify the Tag Format to cover such paths/filenames?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.