Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CrashNBurn

I’ve run into this a lot recently, where I’m searching for a particular “functionA(” as it relies on another function that I plan to possibly change. And the output-bar will return a lot of results for “functionA(“… Yet when I manually open up those files I see a lot of those occurances of “functionA(” are within a comment block.

Would it be possible to [x] enable syntax-highlighting for the output-bar? Or at least color the result green if it is found within a comment-block or comment-line.

Such an option would default to the currently used Configuration Syntax/Highlight, and could even possibly use a dropdown listbox to select a different Configuration/Highlight.

I realize it would slow the search down in general, thus would need to be a checkable option.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi CrashNBurn,

Thanks for your inputs!

CrashNBurn

With version 11 out, I’d just like to put another Vote in for the possibility of colorized search results — so you can tell from the results themselves when the Search String is contained within the current syntax hilighter’s comment.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.