Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Deipotent
    Participant

The > option to populate the “Find” editbox with Selected Text does not appear to be working correctly. When this option is enabled, and no text is selected, I would expect the editbox to be set to what it was previously (or empty if the find history is empty).

Instead, it just does the same as the “Word at Cursor” option and picks up the word at the cursor position.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is the correct behavior. Even if Selected Text is selected, if no text is selected, the word at cursor will be the initial text to find. I will have to add an option to customize the behavior in future versions.

Deipotent
    Participant

So what’s the difference between “Selected Text” and “Word at Cursor” as they both appear to do the same thing ?

BTW, does the new announcement regarding upgrades essentially mean that any licences purchased before 1 November 2011 will get free lifetime upgrades (ie. all major upgrades and minor updates will be free forever) ?

And any licences purchased after 1 November 2011 will get minor updates for free, but have to pay for major upgrades ?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi,

“Word at Cursor” will always pick up a word at cursor even if there is a selection. “Selected Text” will not pick up a word if there is a selection.

Your understanding about the announcement is correct.

Thank you!

Deipotent
    Participant

OK, I understand it now. An option to configure the Selected Text option to get the behaviour I describe would be good.

Re. the announcement – kudos for making it in advance, so people have the choice to buy licences with lifetime upgrades before the deadline, if they so choose.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.