Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mr KT
    Participant

Hi,
    please consider adding the ability to keep rows and columns visible, whilst the rest of the document scrolls. Essentially, the same as “Excel – View tab – Freeze” options. The ability to Freeze the first Column (or ideally, Columns) for (user/)csv type files, similar to the way the current heading can be locked, when scrolling, would be fantastic.

David
    Participant

Yeah, this is same idea from my side.
    I don’t know if we ‘re correct to push EmEditor to become “light” Excel?! We always want many Excel functions can be used in EE. ^_^

Mr KT
    Participant

I’m often working with 50+ columns of data (which extends the single window view). Even if this isn’t a “complete” freeze option, the ability to always show the single left-most column would help massively in working with large multi-column data (where EE is much preferred over Excel). I was thinking an option when you right-click a column header and can toggle a “Freeze Column(s)” tick on/off, under the existing cut/copy/delete column(s) options. Hopefully not too difficult to implement.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

The Toggle Headings (Freeze Panes) and Row Headings 0-4 commands are now available on EmEditor v21.9.

Thanks,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.