Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cjkawe

I have searched the forums and find nothing about Find-As-You-Type, (FYAT) but maybe I am missing something. I am looking at purchasing a new text editor and FAYT is something of a show stopper for me. I do A LOT of writing, though, not on this forum (yet), and research and instant access to data is essential for productivity. I am all over the place viewing various docs at the same time.

Specifically, I would like to see the same thing as how the CTRL+F works in Firefox’s search in page. While it would be nice to have each found text string be highlighted, I am rational enough to realize how problematic that would be for a doc 5GB! The “Highligt All” feature in FF would be fine for me. I would know that highlighting each matched string would require some overhead.

Anyone know if this is available?

(FYI – I have duped this post in the “Plug-Ins” thread as well)

dreftymac
    Participant

Greetings cjkawe,

Here are some quick points:

1) Generally, you do not have to duplicate a post in multiple parts of the forum. The EmEditor home page shows all recent posts regardless of the specific forum sub-area. One post should be enough for someone to catch your question eventually.

2) EmEditor has the Highlight all feature, and there is also a “FindBar” plugin. I tried the FindBar plugin only once and then never tried it again, therefore I don’t have any details but you can try it yourself and see if it meets your requirements. For more details on the feature that works similar to Firefox CTRL+F, search for the following items in EmEditor help:

— “highlight previously searched strings”
    — “HighlightFind Property”
    — “Erase Find Highlight command”

If you include the double-quotes, the CHM help file will know you are searching for these exact phrases.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.